We love Blue Mountain and the Grand Georgian is our favourite place to stay. But the last few times we've been disappointed with the rooms. This last time we had maintenance up to our room 5 times - the TV movies didn't work, the bathtub drain was clogged, and the bathroom fan sounds like an airplane. (The last time, the bathtub faucet fell right off.) Our friends next door had to call to have their air conditioning fixed as well as their kitchen sink drain. I don't know if Intrawest is reducing costs, but it's affecting their guests' experiences. We'll be back because we love the skiing in the winter and the outdoor activities in the summer. But we do hope Intrawest will step it up a notch. I certainly wouldn't consider buying a place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Georgian, in the middle of the Village at Blue, is fashioned after a historic railway hotel, with 189 suites ranging in size from studios to 3 bedroom. Every suite features high-speed wireless internet access, in-room movies, a DVD player, flat screen LCD TV. Guests also have exclusive access to secure underground parking, games room, 2 outdoor hot tubs (open year round), outdoor pool (summer only), fitness room and sauna. Bachelor, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites include a fireplace, fully furnished kitchen and a balcony or patio. Studio units (regular size hotel rooms) have a kitchenette (small fridge, small sink, microwave, toaster, kettle, dishes and cutlery). Larger units (1 bedroom or larger) have a full kitchen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Grand Georgian Blue Mountain
- Grand Georgian Collingwood
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort Blue Mountains, Ontario