I stayed in the Grand Georgian for a conference at Blue Mountain. The Grand Georgian is ideally located in the middle of the village, so it was quick and easy to walk everywhere. The studio room was really large and I had a great view of the main stage area. There was lots of seating in the room and the mini fridge really came in handy. It was advertised on the website that there was a DVD player in the room. However, I ended up having to borrow a portable DVD player from reception, because they had taken all of the DVD players out of the rooms a couple months ago. You may want to bring your own DVD player as they only have a limited number available.
The part of the hotel I was really disappointed in was the pool. It wasn't very clean and it was very shallow. I often scraped my knees and feet while trying to do laps in the pool. There were often no towels available later on in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Georgian, in the middle of the Village at Blue, is fashioned after a historic railway hotel, with 189 suites ranging in size from studios to 3 bedroom. Every suite features high-speed wireless internet access, in-room movies, a DVD player, flat screen LCD TV. Guests also have exclusive access to secure underground parking, games room, 2 outdoor hot tubs (open year round), outdoor pool (summer only), fitness room and sauna. Bachelor, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites include a fireplace, fully furnished kitchen and a balcony or patio. Studio units (regular size hotel rooms) have a kitchenette (small fridge, small sink, microwave, toaster, kettle, dishes and cutlery). Larger units (1 bedroom or larger) have a full kitchen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Grand Georgian Blue Mountain
- Grand Georgian Collingwood
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Resort Blue Mountains, Ontario