Weider Lodge - Blue Mountain Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Blue Mountains
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Mosaic(Blue Mountains)
  • Pool
Blue Mountain Inn(Blue Mountains)
  • Pool
The Blue Mountain Lodge(Blue Mountains)
Cranberry Resort(Collingwood)
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefront deskthe kitchenunderground parkingwhite noise machinedaily housekeepingpull out couchhot tubski valetshopping and restaurantsmountain viewski lessonsthe staff was friendly and helpfulski facilitiesvillage squareeach morningsilver bullet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

As a first timer to Blue Mountain Resort, the views from our balcony, up the slopes, were outstanding, and our room was also a pleasant surprise, with a great kitchenette. And the village had almost everything you might need while vacationing. Also worth noting is the most of the staff in the main hotel, and our Weider building, were very pleasant and helpful. The nightly entertainment in the village was great. Each night we were there, a singer was on stage performing some great classics. Everyone loved it, old and young. However, the fabulousness of the resort becomes quickly diluted, as others have suggested, when you eat, drink, swim, etc. Paying $40 for the three of us to swim in a pool (plunge) for 3 hours was silly, and for a really basic, below average dinner, we spent a $100 (2 adults and a 5 year old). I don’t mind spending $100, if I feel that the dinner is comparable to any other $100 dinner. The big pond was a great source of amusement for my daughter to catch frogs and minnows, but the amount of garbage and crap (plastic, beer cans, paper, etc.) in the water between the kid’s playground and Oliver’s Restaurant in the Westin, as well as around the rest of the shore was surprising. Come on guys! This is a no-brainer! To the upper management of the Blue Mountain resort, I also have a suggestion. Why not offer visitors a chance to purchase an all-in or pre-paid activity pass? Bundle in most of the typical stuff – gondola, plunge, paddle boats, coaster, etc. into one fee, and/or let people build their own bundle. Today, “somebody” is buying tickets and you capture zero in terms of customer intelligence. Tomorrow, you could offer loaded cards, associated to specific people (where you’ll likely have specific info on them, associated to the card and their room) so the research and intelligence you’ll gather will allow you to tailor the offer over time. I don’t work in the card industry, in case this sounds like a pitch. I just think that there has to be a way to create more of a win-win. Offer cheaper bundled rates, in exchange for the copious amount of customer intelligence Blue Mountain will gather. And, I would offer it at time of room booking or online prior to arriving, so that it removes some of the sticker shock. Everyone expects resort pricing, but help yourself, but allowing us to purchase ahead of time, thus minimizing the bombardment of charges while on-site. My two cents…

1  Thank Brian F
Alvard P, Vice President-Hospitality Services at Weider Lodge - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Brain F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience while staying with us at Weider Lodge, Blue Mountain Resorts, we feel sure your first hand comments will greatly assist others planning a trip to our resort. Our staff members are our backbone and a constant source of pride, they deliver outstanding service and our guests, just like you, take notice, thank you for sharing. We have a wide range of dining and activity options at various price points throughout the Village. Thank you for providing some insight to future guests on some of those that you took part in, we’re sure our readers will find your comments very helpful for their own travel planning.

We are very sorry about the presence of garbage around the Mill Pond; this does not make a good impression and will be cleaned up immediately if not already done.

We do offer a discount on activities in conjunction with lodging, our Family Packages include an Activity Pack, value of $80 for $59, and a discount applied to the lodging portion when purchasing this package. These packages have been very well received by families staying on resort, we have included a link to allow readers to view the offering (http://www.bluemountain.ca/active_pack.htm).

Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

While the village and atmosphere are great at blue mountain, we recently stayed there for a weekend getaway and both my children contracted LICE from the itchy pull out couch at the weider lodge. Both my kids developed a rash on back of neck and around back of ears, one of my daughters lymph nodes swelled to the size of a golf ball and they both got a bad case of lice the following days/week!!! We spent lots of $800 to get lice for our kids! I would advise not to visit room 113 on the pull out couch!! Waiting for a response from management, in the mean time spending my first week back to work de-lousing my kids! Beware LICE can live on sheets, pillows, blankets, couches for 2 days!!! During peak season im sure this room is booked daily thereby passing on more and more lice to its sleepers!

Room Tip: don't sleep on pull out couches!!
3  Thank margie o
Alvard P, Vice President-Hospitality Services at Weider Lodge - Blue Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Margie o

It’s difficult to know just what to say, we’re sorry your children contracted head lice and from personal experience we know the challenges this poses for parents in managing an infestation. We have taken this room out of inventory to allow independent Abell Pest Control to conduct an inspection, who has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence of the presence of lice in this room. Irrespective we have taken extra precaution to thoroughly clean this room prior to it next being occupied.

We’re happy to know the time you spent here was enjoyable, and sorry to hear of your frustrations since departing. We hope the children are clear of lice at this time and looking forward to the coming school year, but brace yourself; they could contract them again from friends at school, it’s one of those childhood hazards.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Instead of staying at the Cranberry Waterfront Suites (complete rip-off), stay in the Blue Mountain Village at the Weider Lodge.

Our family had rented three condos in the Weider Lodge from Thurs-Sun last week and absolutely LOVED it there. This is not the first time we've been to Blue but the Weider Lodge hit it out of the park. Just steps to all of the activities, always something fun for all ages in the village, great restaurants and nightlife, rooms are clean, up to date, affordable, comfy. The staff was very helpful in every aspect of the word, helping some handicapped members of our family get a close parking spot underground. The rooms were very clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The rooms are big enough to do all of your own cooking and enjoy with enough space for everyone.

I would recommend Weider Lodge to anyone and everyone! Even though I had a timeshare briefly at Cranberry Waterfront Suites, Weider Lodge and Blue Mountain Resort is WAYYYY better.

Room Tip: The Weider Lodge is great because it's just steps to the action but far enough away from all of the husle and busle of the nightlife that you can sleep.
2  Thank J A

Thank you doesn’t seem to be adequate here, your comments are very much appreciated, nor can we argue their accuracy. Perhaps you have missed your calling and should be writing for travel companies, we feel certain your overview will entice others to come and give us a try. Thank you for recognizing our wonderful staff members, they really enjoy making our guests experience the best it can be and seem to have done just that in your instance.

Yours truly,
On behalf of Blue Mountain Resorts Ltd.,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Rather than staying at Cranberry Waterfront Suites, stay at the Weider Lodge at Blue Mountain resort, WAY better!!

Amazing service from the staff at the hotel, helped my handicapped mother get an underground parking spot near the elevator. We had three condos rented there from Thurs-Sun. The condos were beautiful, great shape, amazing Sealy matresses, fully equipped, up to date and very clean! Facilities are exactly what we were looking for and extremely family friendly.

There is so much to do within steps of the Weider Lodge into the village. What a great place! Nothing but good things to say and we'll be back for sure.

Had a timehsare at Cranberry Waterfront Suites for a short time and I would stay at Blue Mountain Resort a hundred times over before I chose the Waterfront Suites.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the Weider Lodge, it's the closest to the activities and seems to be away from the main action of the village night life. The three bedroom condos also have a bathroom for each room which is extremely nice if you are sharing with other couples.
1  Thank J A
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family wanted a night in Collingwood prior to taking their 30,000 Islands cruise on the M.S. Georgian out of Pentanguishene, so I booked a 2 bedroom suite for my parents, disabled sister, and their family friend. I asked for a quiet and clean room, and the booking agent was so pleasant to deal with making sure to note my requests, as well as the request for early check-in, and even going the extra mile to offer a discount for their 1st visit. My parents were thrilled with the room on the first floor, right near the pool and hot tub. It was clean, large and the bathroom was perfect for my sister. They did enjoy browsing through the shops, but found them to be typical of resort prices for items. The only thing they didn't enjoy was the take-out soup and entrees that they ordered from one of the restaurants (either Copper Blues or Rusty's). I look forward to a visit myself soon though to enjoy all of the Green Season activities.

1  Thank ne1to

Dear ne1to,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on a recent trip to Blue while en-route to your 30,000 Island cruise. We’re so happy you had time to fit in a stay with us and that we were able to meet all your needs and provide an enjoyable and comfortable visit. When we say, “it’s our pleasure”, it really is, the staff here take pride in getting things just right, to ensure optimum enjoyment. We’re very happy to hear your family enjoyed their brief stay and we look forward to having you visit as well.

Regards,