“Fun!”

Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I visited the Blue Mountain during the New Year's Eve period with my husband for a week long getaway. The mountain was fabulous and even though it was -3 degrees we still had a blast skiing. We also attended their NYE party and had a great time listening to their band and dj. I was a little let down though that there were no snack options and a cash only bar. The mountain was great and it was very easy to rent skis and boots and they had a very good system to make it easy on you just like any other resort. However, I was very disappointed by my time with Activity Central. I tried contacting them more than a week before we were to make our trip so that I could book things ahead of time. They never would answer their phone, and it took them two days to call me back at a very inconvenient time. As soon as I got ahold of them, the booking process was very easy and I was promptly emailed a receipt. However, we arrived to the resort and immediately went to AC so that we could sign our waivers and get our tickets for our activities off the resort. After getting our tickets we were told by the head person (Barb) to wait to be picked up outside the village. We were confused by this because their website said we were to drive, but she assured us she had emailed them and there would be no problem and she wanted them to pick us up. So we went to wait before our assigned time, so there would be no issues and we waited, and we waited, and we waited some more. So after waiting a half an hour in freezing temperatures I tried to call AC and low and behold again they would not answer their phones. I was then connected to guest services who told me they would let AC know and then hung up on me after I tried to get ahold of someone for 10 minutes. So, after no one calling us or anything we headed for AC since it was past the start time for our excursion to start anyways. After getting there we were told it was out of their control and we probably wouldn't be going to snowmobile because they had no idea what was going on and it was anyone's fault but their own. There were no apologies given, just excuses as to why it was not their fault that no one contacted us or came to pick us up after a half an hour. And then magically they got ahold of the driver to come pick us up so we could attend our excursion and were told to HURRY. They did everything they could to try to appease us, but in the end it just comes down to laziness. There is no reason we couldn't have driven ourselves, and in fact the driver had no idea he was supposed to pick anyone up because he was not notified and assumed we would drive like everyone else. We would have had no problem driving ourselves, but we were told not to. I was extremely disappointed in AC's performance and their lack of preparedness when it comes to setting up activities off their resort. I would definitely visit here again, but in the future I will be booking my own events off the resort. The village was fantastic and I loved that there were so many restaurants to choose from. I wish there had been better shopping and maybe some small events going on to keep us busy, but we had a fantastic time no matter what. The mountain is beautiful and there are tons of different slopes to try, they even pick you up around the resort so you can try whichever ones you want.

Visited January 2014

• Greek first
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Newby”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The little resort is just beautiful, looks like a little christmas town specially at night, it does worth the visit. Me and my wife took the newby ski combo, the first 3 steps were just exelent, the instructor was always around, but after 4 you had to figure everything by yourself which was not great.

Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Visited Blue Mountain during the New Year's Eve period with the family.

After reading through some of the more 'critical' reviews, I thought the accommodation in this hotel was actually better than those details provided by the 'poorer' reviews.

The only downside is the Pottery restaurant, my recommendation to the management at Blue Mountain Inn is: get a better chef, or just close the restaurant down. My family and I had a terrible New Year's Eve dinner at this restaurant and it affected the overall experience of our trip.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Anthony_Chien
London, United Kingdom
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Nice slopes but prices a little steep”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice day here today, the resort at winter in general looked great, and as a newbie skier, this place was more than adequate.

However the prices are pretty steep and the lack of rental equipment indicated they don't cater really for the turn up and ski types like myself.

Also the $7 dollar goggles run out and resulted in me buying a pair for $30 dollars, topped off with lack of trouser sizes availability. It didn't start off great. The changing facility is not adequate for the numbers, making changing a stressful experience.

However the beginner coaching was helpful without resorting to patronising , and felt I made real progress.

The top of hill 4 had 5 trainers standing joking with each other with lack of attention of those around them. That was frustrating. I never did learn how to turn.

In summary the place looks great , but still needs improvement.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Geoff B
brampton
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“fun resort”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just returned from Blue and the crowds were large and the conditions were good . Blue mountain is a good resort with many runs for any type of skier or snowboarder and the nightlife and restaurants in the village are equaly varied and fun. This is about 2 hours north of Toronto and about 3 1/2 hours north of Buffalo NY

Visited December 2013