It seems that there is a difference in amenities offered between units. However as this was advertised as a hotel/resort type of facility one cannot be expected to know prior to booking which unit they will get.
We booked a studio room for 4 people for around $200. This was the last room available on the website so we had no other choice. The unit seemed OK, fairly clean with a small kitchen area, fridge, stove, microwave, sink and some cooking utensils and pots/pans. We had a queen bed with a futon however there were only 3 pillows and 2 covers. The room had no phone, no wifi (the password provided did not work) and no hairdryer. No biggie. Things happen.
We stopped by the front desk on the way out to dinner to request the extra items that were missing and were reassured that we will get an extra pillow/blanket and a hairdryer by the time we returned from dinner. We were also told the wifi "should" work with the password provided (winter). I guess we have stubby fingers. We'll try again.
Sadly nothing was provided by the time we returned from dinner and we found out with dismay that the front desk is closed past 9 pm and there is NOBODY on the property available until the morning to address any concerns. We called their emergency phone number repeatedly and left messages that went unanswered until about midnight. We went to sleep with wet hair and one of us had no pillow and the other no covers. The futon was small and uncomfortable and I would not advertise the room as accommodating up to 4 people. Maybe 2 adults and a child would be more realistic. Couldn't get the wifi password to work despite typing "winter" in several languages and after trying other seasons as well we just gave up.
The resort is within driving distance from the Village and I would not recommend walking as the roads are not pedestrian friendly. The pool area was busy and small but looked like a fun cozy place. We never found the hot tubs and no resort maps were provided. There are no places to eat nearby, so for eating it would be best to drive to the Village.
This was a disappointing stay not necessarily because of the resort amenities but because the staff did not seems to care about the guests and their stay. One should not need to bring their own bedding and hairdryer when staying in a $200/night room. I am also concerned about the lack of personnel/security on the property past 9 pm as this seems to be a resort that attracts rowdy hotel room parties. Proceed with caution if you decide to book a room here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All season resort, featuring 144 units in 9 buildings, with outdoor pool and outdoor hot tub for guest's use. Ski in/ski out access to North Base chair lift, on complimentary shuttle bus route for the resort's guests, free parking. Each units features full kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and pots and pans. Each building has two levels, lower lever rooms with studio and/or one bedroom condos, upper lever rooms with studio loft and/or one bedroom loft condos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Springs Resort And Conference Centre Hotel Blue Mountains
- Mountain Springs Hotel
- Mountain Springs Resort And Conference Centre Blue Mountains, Ontario