“Terrible service”

Magnone's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: True to the Italian markets that inspired Magnone's, guests are greeted by a celebration of fresh ingredients that capture the essence of the kitchens of Italy. Boasting an open market feel, the rustic eatery spans two levels, allowing guests to enjoy Italian dishes in a social setting. The menu focuses on Northern Italian classics made from the freshest homemade ingredients, paired with approachable wines and hand-selected cocktails. With a floor-to-ceiling glass facade, Magnone's showcases the activity, energy and allure of an authentic Italian kitchen. Situated where the Mill Pond meets Water Street in the Blue Mountain Village.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was here with 5 of my girl friends for the evening of July 7th. We arrived at the restaurant and asked for a seat on the patio, we were told everything was full and they would get a table inside ready for us and were sent to the bar until it was ready. We had to stand because there was not enough seats for all of us. It was extremely warm outside and the had all the partion doors open and the air conditioning on at the same time so it was hot in the restaurant and with all the doors open and no breeze it was extremely uncomfortable. We looked at the drink menu and we wanted some wine to start our evening we noticed it was heavily italian influenced , but as it was an italian restaurant we tried to talk to our server about it and they got really rude about it because one of the girls asked if they had any us wines. There scnid remarks about being and italian restaurant that we should try them. There manager came over, some british accented boy and started to berate me and my girlfriends and then left without doing anything. MUST show how this restaurant is running. This is just the start. It took about 20 minutes to get us seatedand another 20 minutes to get our order finally ordered. Then the wait for food. 35 minutes for pizza pasta, Way to long. One of the pizzas had such little sauce on it that we asked for more. All we got was attitude from the wait staff and a little saucer of cold pizza sauce..... REALLY!!!! When it was time for us to get our bill we asked if they could split it for each of us.... Well that is when everything went nuts. They told us it was not possible to split up the bill if we were a paty of over 6 GIVE ME A BREAK split a bill for 6 what???? 5 minutes more work. Then we went to pay some of us wanted to pay with debit OH NO they don't accept debit, cash or credit only. No where does it say that on the menu or when you come in .
So they sent us over to there other restaurant TWISTS and have to use there debit machine witha $4.00 fee to take out cash to pay for it at MAGNONES how embarassing. Then the ridicule from the bartender started and we started talking back to them in load voices. Telling us to grow up and to never come back. DON"T WORRY WE WILL NEVER BE BACK AND WILL TELL EVERYONE THAT WE KNOW TO NEVER GO THERE. This is the first restaurants that I have ever been to where they made mee and my girlfiends feel belittled. There was never any apologies and any direction from the management.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I enjoy staying at the nearby Westin and have had a chance to visit many of the restaurants in the Village. This one would be the worst thus far.

We were a party of 4 and immediately seated upon arrival in their upstairs loft area. The table and area was clean and the floors were an interesting distressed wood. The art on the walls was pretty awful and the cutlerly on the table did not match.

The waiter seemed uninterested in our table, however they were attractive, which ended up being the highlight of this adventure.

The food took too long to arrive. This would be the first italian restaurant I have been to where they did not provide bread to the table. My water was keep full by another waitress, however it was served from a water decanter that was significantly chipped at the pouring spout. I was thirsty so I decided to live dangerously and accept the possbily glass slivered filled water.

Two of us decided on our main pasta entre based on the recommendation of a passing waitress. She was enthusiastic, as it turned out, for all of us. The pasta most certainly tasted like Hamburger Helper I was given as a child. However, my parents never had the nerve to charge me $18 for it. Seriously, tasted just like it but with some carmelized onions.

Tiramisu is my most favorite desert and I was pleased to find in on the menu. If I have desert, I will take it with coffee. The tiramisu was above average, the coffee was a disaster. There was a problem with the cream where it curdled. The waitstaff claimed the fridge must have been too cold and froze it. After too long, they replaced our coffees and gave us milk instead. Supposidly all the cream in all of the restaurant was fouled. I dislike coffee with milk and this coffee really needed cream, (it was too strong for my taste). I ended up not drinking it. Perhaps our absentee waiter did not notice nor care, but I would expect my coffee to be free in this type of situation or perhaps offered a different coffee beverage, cappucino perhaps?

The price of this restaurant, in my opinion, is slightly above average. On par with the nearby, and far better, Oliver & Bochinnis at the Westin.

I would not recommend Magnone's.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had great expectations from recommendations but were so disappointed. Our reserved table was stuck by the open door to the patio (constant traffic) even though there were many other tables free at the time. Service started well but drifted off to intermittent after the food was served.
Pasta was oily, arugala salad under-dressed and boring with very scant pear, walnuts and cheese (didn't live up to the description); the margharita flat bread was dry. Salmon also a bit over-cooked, although edible. The arugala salad was comped with no problem but then we hardly saw our server again and hadn't the heart to complain about the flat bread too!
Grilled veggies were very good though and the caprese salad. Our bill, with 1 bottle of wine and a couple of beers was over 200.00 for 4 - a bit steep in the circumstances.
We are not complainers generally but this one deserves it!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We enjoyed our dinner selections of salmon and the wood oven pizza. Entree's do not come with any salads or soup, so be prepared to order these items separately (ceasar salad $10.95). I was not impressed with the Gelato dessert, do not order this ($6.95) if you know what true Gelato taste like. Service was excellent and our table overlooked the patio and pond, so we had a nice view.

3  Thank Eddine G
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I was extremely impressed with the delicious food and great service! :)

I have only been once, but their flat bread is amazing! My sister had the pasta and it was also delicious. I am definitely going back next time I'm in the village.

1  Thank Laura A