“Blue Mountain Inn”
Review of Blue Mountain Inn

Blue Mountain Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blue Mountains
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Based on the reviews, gave the Inn a shot instead of the Village for a Thursday and Friday night Ski & Sleep package with my eight year old daughter. Considering you get a day/night pass for two days, you can't go wrong with the price. We were able to do a pre-checkin which allowed us to arrive in the morning and start using the day pass immediately. Nothing worse than a having to ski the last day and have to drive home tired for two hours.
Hotel itself, upgrades completed as described, they did a great job in the Hot Tub area. Made a great end to each ski day. For some of the dated items, I can understand, but ammenities broken, I don't. ie. No door handle on the Sauna to get in but I'll give them the benefit that it just happened and they're getting it fixed. Our room was okay, very little sound carried over from the two families on either side. Sliding door very difficult to open which explains the busted handle which I'm sure was replaced several times. Bathroom tub should be re-caulked to remove or cover the mould forming. Really? How much can is cost to get a $3 tube of caulking and a local handyman to take care of it and some of the other basics. Note to Management, don't wait for your Guests to report problems with the facility, that's not our job. Lucky I had my multi tool with me, allowed me to tighten the shower water handle, don't understand how housekeeping could miss this. I can go on but the point is someone should be checking and correcting the little things that in the end would prevent a negative review. That's enough of this rant.
Staff was courteous, and extremely friendly, especially in the Pottery Restaurant. Wish I jotted down his name, but since he was the only male each morning, hopefully someone can pass on how exceptional his attitude was in dealing with some grumpy patrons. Breakfast buffet included everything required, french toast, eggs, home fries, beans, tomatoes, sausage links, bacon, various breads & pastries, cereals, yogurt, and fresh fruits. Don't know what some are complaining about?
Next time we'll try out the village but won't rule out a return to the Inn. Overall the Inn gets a 3/5 for its facility and 4/5 for people providing the experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan K

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Their front desk person was arrogant, rude and certainly not the brightest person bulb in the box. While the room was OK, I returned home with bug bites on my legs. I can't be sure this is where they came from, but I don't know where else I would have gotten them at this time of year.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank J W
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We enjoyed our time at the Inn, our room was great, the breakfast was very good. We spent hours in the outdoor hot tubs, had a great time. The only downside was the water was not hot in the shower and we waited for quite a long time at the village for the shuttle which never came to pick us up.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband booked the "classic romance" package with The Blue Mountain Inn for our 2nd Anniversary. This was the first time we were leaving our son over night so it was a big deal for us and we came home disappointed. The Inn itself is dated but I read that there had been a big renovation so I went with an open mind. We arrived before 2pm so I wasn't sure our room would be ready but after a bit of confusion at the front desk we were told it was ready so that was a nice surprise. It was the last...
The room:
The room was dreary & smelled strongly of air freshener. Our window looked out onto the roof & was beside a hallway window so everyone could see in. Needless to say the cutains had to stay closed the whole time. The room decor itself is dull, dull, dull. We thought we would put on a movie & relax before our spa treatments but I refuse to pay $16.99 for a movie on a small non high definition television...really?! Who doesn't have high definition televisions these days? You couldn't even see the TV from one side of the bed. My husband took a nap & I went to walk around the Inn to get my bearings. Moslty what I saw was an old tired building in need of some serious TLC. The next morning after not sleeping much due to an uncomfortable bed I was looking forward to a long hot shower. The shower was warm at best and it took about 10 minutes to get up to that temperature. I am a mother of a busy toddler so a long hot shower is a luxury in itself. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated by then!
The package:
When I booked this package I specifically asked for accomodation that would allow us to live in robes, visit a spa & have a nice breakfast. There were no robes to be found anywhere. The Champagne that was included arrived with no glasses. I went to the front desk & asked that they send some up,and was assured they would take care of it right away. As of check out no glasses had ever materialized. Breakfast was a mediocre buffet. The pancakes & hash browns were cold. Honestly it was a wastes of time. We could have had a better breakfast at a drive through.
The Spa
The spa was very nice & the staff were accomodating. We did not book this trip until Wednesday night and the Spa fit us in for pedicures and a couples massage no problem. We had late evening appointments which suited us just fine. I was however expecting that they wold provide my husband & myself with robes as we were there for over 2 1/2 hours. It was busy so they had us wait in the hotel's lounge. I kept waiting for the direction to the change room for robes & slippers as has been my experience with every spa I have been to but it never came. I found a robe in my pedicure room so I changed but there was not one in my Husband's room so he spent his relaxing time is his jeans & sweater...not great. I think this was a over sight as it was very busy. I enjoyed my pedicure as did my husabnd and the couples massage was adequate. All in all the service was nice and we would visit the spa again. It was the only thing we did enjoy!

Over all I would NOT go to the Blue Mountain Inn again. Perhaps we should have stayed at The Westin instead? We picked this location due to the spa & the promise of a nice romantic visit. It was lack lustre and very disappointing. Save your money!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tonja U
paulpinchbeck, Director of Marketing at Blue Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Tonja U.
Thank you for taking the time to post some very valuable comments regarding your experience at the Blue Mountain Inn on Trip Advisor. We have carefully reviewed your comments and would like to provide clarity to some of the issues you have identified.

Renovations have been completed on the exterior of the Blue Mountain Inn. With respect to the rooms, we are very pleased to inform you that we are currently doing a complete renovation of the Inn rooms, including new carpet, wall unit, HD television, wireless internet, drapery, bed linens, lighting, bathrooms fully renovated as well, large shower stall, granite counter top. Needless to say a project such as this must be done over a span of time and during periods of low occupancy to avoid any disruption to our guests. We feel very confident that this new and improved look will be well received by Blue Mountain Inn guests in the very near future.

You are absolutely right, glasses should have been provided along with your Champagne, this was an oversight and will be addressed internally to ensure proper follow through in the future. Typically we hear positive reviews when it comes to meals in our Pottery restaurant therefore it is disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, your comments will be discussed with the restaurant staff to avoid a repeat of this service.

We were pleased to note that you did enjoy your spa experience and yes, they do have robe services at the spa, sadly this must have been an oversight on their part. We will advise the spa owner of your experience and trust your feedback will serve as a reminder to staff in this regard.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback, we hope we have been able to offer assurance that comments such as yours are greatly appreciated and provide insight into areas we can improve and that action has been taken on our part to make changes that will provide positive guest experiences.

I would encourage you to contact me directly via phone or email to discuss your expereinces in more detail.

Best Regards,

Paul Pinchbeck
Director, Marketing
Blue Mountain Resort
705 445 0231 ext.6202
ppinchbeck@bluemountain.ca

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the Blue Mountain Inn recently for a work event. The work event was great, and i'd highly recommend Blue Mountain to anyone looking to do a team building event. The hotel however was just ok. In my room the lamps beside the bed didn't work right, there was a burned out lamp in the bathroom and the carpet had multiple stains. Also the internet is not wireless. The bed was comfortable, and the staff were nice, so there are some positives.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

positives: outdoor hot tubs, indoor pool, sauna, recreation room with pool tables, fridge in rooms, great staff, they allowed me to check in a few hrs early, clean hotel and rooms. few ins walking distance from the village.. 10 mins driving to downtown collingwood.

the only thing I didn't like was that it did not have a breakfast option.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were attending a wedding. The lobby and hallways were dated. The rooms were fine. However, it is obviously a ski resort hotel that needs upgrading.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Mountain Springs Resort and Conference Centre
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
The Lodges at Blue Mountain
#4 of 17 in Blue Mountains

Been to Blue Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!