“Relaxing and Affordable”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare. NEW in mid-January 2017 - Infrared Sauna & additional Relaxation Solaria
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and Affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

Baths were great. My husband and I also got the duo massage which was alright, but certainly not the best I've had. Would go back and just do the baths. Beautiful in winter and unlike some reviewers I liked the quiet atmosphere.If you can get there in the week all the better as the weekend is quite busy.

1 Thank sprinkledpink

• Korean first
barrie
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“It has it's good points, it has it's bad points.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

Spent a day at Le Scandinave Spa between Christmas and New Years. It was a very cold day, which made the hot pools all the more alluring.

Arrived and found a long line up, however we had a reservation, so we did not wait. I would recommend you reserve during busy times or you will be standing in the small reception area watching others in the baths, waiting for people to leave, as it is a one person out, one person in system, not much fun. There were easily 20 people waiting when we went.

We did the massage and bath package, and I will begin with the massage. It is a BASIC relaxation massage. Despite my explaining I had muscle pain in my arm and shoulder that I wanted the masseuse to work on, I was advised they only to a relaxation massage of the whole body, this was not explained to me when I booked. It was an OK massage, I have had many massages in my life and I would rate this at about a 4/10. Lots of oil and skin rubbing, but not much muscle manipulation.

Once done, it was off to the baths and saunas/steam room. As many others have written, there are signs EVERYWHERE stating "Quiet" or in the case of the steam room and sauna's "Absolute silence", they even tell you point blank when you register and pay. However, there is that small percentage of people who simply cannot read, or really do feel we ALL want to hear their loud conversation about uncle Frank and how he got drunk at christmas ... bla bla bla while we are trying to relax in the steam bath. Most people are very conscious of their surrounding and the "quiet" environment and would speak quietly to one another so as not to disturb other bathers. The odd loud people were "shhh'ed" constantly, and in the case of "uncle Frank" an attendant entered the steam room and ask the two people to leave.

The baths are clean, as were the sauna's and steam room. Pathways are clear and clean also. If you have been to any of the natural mineral baths in Europe or Western Canada, don't bring that experience in mind. These are not natural hot springs, but rather hot and cold man made pools set in a very pretty tranquil setting. Towels provided are the basic thin white low end budget hotel type towels - bring your own if you think of it. Some people had robes, but once they get wet, and you hang them on the rack beside the pool, they get really cold. In warmer weather I can see them being worthwhile.

The Changerooms are a HUGE disappointment. They are inadequate in size for the number of lockers and people trying to use them. There is one slim bench for every 40 lockers, and very little room to manouver. Showers are inadequate. The Spa image is definately not extended into the changeroom area.

Recommendations:

Bring flip flops or plastic sandals from going from pool to pool and into the steam room and sauna. You will need them in the Changeroom.
Make a reservation
Bring a decent towel
Don't expect too much, it is nice, clean, but it is not outstanding.

Enjoy.

2 Thank travelingcouple03
Toronto
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Excellent couples getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

My fiancée and I went to the Le Scandinave Spa in Collingwood/Blue Mountain and had an excellent time. All of the baths are outside and are a mix between hot and cold. They also have dry saunas and eucalyptus steam room, which are both amazing. The landscaping is beautiful and very rustic.

They have a small café on site where you can buy soup, sandwiches, snacks etc. Prices were expensive, but it’s a nice treat after relaxing in the baths. When you arrive they give you 2 towels and a locker key. I’d recommend bringing flip-flops and your own robe. Several areas are wet outside and it’s very easy to slip if you’re not paying attention. They have a quiet policy, which at times I found hard to deal with because if you were with friends it would be nice to have some small talk while in the baths.

Overall, it was a very unique experience. I’ve never been to a spa like that and would definitely recommend it to my friends. I thought $44 per person was a bit expensive, but you could easily spend 2-3 hours on location so it’s not that bad of a deal. It would make for a good girls weekend or couples retreat.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Glorious Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

What an amazing location for a day of relaxation. Bring a book, bathing suit, some flipflops, and some time. Towels are supplied. Some people brought robes, but they are not truly necessary.
The hot and cool pools, the sauna, the eucalyptus steam room, the ambiance...all spectacular.
We booked a couples' massage - amazing! Very professional therapists who have magical hands.
We spent an August afternoon and can't wait to go back - perhaps when it snows!

2 Thank WhereToNext01
Ottawa, Canada
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 334 helpful votes
“Lovely bonding/relaxation time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

Ahhh....was here about a month ago (July 2009) with a girlfriend; she's a regular however I was visiting from out of town and had never been. I walked in a stressed-out, busy, high strung lady ... and walked out totally chilled-out, calm, happy, and relaxed. The tension just disappeared. I was so amazed we could spend such a little amount for the hot/cold pools and spend as long as we want there! I think we spent something like $40 or so and we were there for at least 5 or 6 hours. I did not think I'd enjoy going in the cold pools after the hot - but it was quite refreshing. We didn't stay in any of the relaxation rooms - we just claimed chairs outside and spent the entire day outside in the pools, chatting (very quietly - the attendants will "shoosh" you if you are too loud) and reading. We did take a break for lunch in the cafe. The changing room is well equipped with lotion, shampoo, etc.. but the locker changing area is quite cramped. It wasn't busy at all when we were there, maybe because it wasn't a weekend, and we were the only people there in the morning. By the afternoon I noticed it picked up a bit.

1 Thank clamc40