“Quiet and relaxing”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare. NEW in mid-January 2017 - Infrared Sauna & additional Relaxation Solaria
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Stirling
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you are going with a bunch of women, as I was, be prepared not to talk or you will be susshed...It is meant to be tranquil and quiet, which is nice but very hard when you are with a bunch of women. LOL The massages were excellent, but really wished they offered more in spa services such as facials. The hot baths were great, my personal favourite was the eucalyptis room.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Holly154981
ScandinaveSpaBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We have many groups of ladies, especially on Saturdays. We make sure that guests are reminded at check-in that Scandinave Spa is a tranquil outdoor experience. We hope more guests embrace the quiet environment for the benefit of everyone's day.

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our last time there!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Scandinave used to be a much anticipated annual event, but our last visit there will be our last. I'm guessing there was a marketing blitz recently because it was extremely crowded on Saturday which is great for the spa, but no effort has been made to adjust service to make it great for the guests. Some suggestions/observations:

1) If you are visiting on a Saturday, either arrive at doors opening, or book a morning massage that way they HAVE to let you in to the spa and the baths. Definitely steer clear of the "DAY at the Spa" packages because you will NOT get a day at the spa. You will maybe get 3 hrs. And don't bother asking about your promised day, you will be told to read the fine print in your confirmation that says you may have to be waitlisted. Scandinave owners, how about getting rid of the "DAY" packages because you cannot guarantee a day and therefore what you are doing amounts to false advertising!

2) Don't really expect quiet. With as many people as there are (on Sat) there will be talking and giggling and not much will be done about it

3) If you are able to, get lunch outside of the spa. There are plenty of really nice restaurants that service better food. Unless you are into (very) cold sandwiches. The cookies are good though

The massage therapists are the only thing I will miss, but thankfully there are other spas!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank vee E
Thank you for your feedback. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you personally. Please contact our Guest Service Manager at your convenience.
Ajax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Way to unplug and recharge”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I took my sister here for her 40th birthday present. It was a really nice way to relax. The hot tubs, steam room and sauna are all great. There's a real variety of places to lounge out. Make sure to bring a water bottle, your are going to need to drink for all the sweating you do. When your day is done the showers and locker room are great and fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, even hair dryers. There were lots of couples there too. Lunch was very tasty lots of choices and reasonably priced too.

Visited September 2013
ScandinaveSpaBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thanks you for visiting us on such a special occasion.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“For a relaxing day”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Scandinave is a great place to go for a restful, relaxing day. The hot tubs are large, the perfect temperature, and clean. There is a steam room and a sauna (the latter is ridiculously hot though). On warmer days its nice to lie on the hammocks and have a nap (although they need more). The RMTs give great massages and are very professional. The price of a massage + hot tub package is a little much though, at about $140. The only other drawback, besides the price, is the guy that goes around and shushes everyone. Perhaps they could use a hot tub that is for talkers - as it's fun to go with a few people, but no fun to stand there looking at each other all day.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“AWESOME......A MUST SEE AND DO”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I took my girlfriend Chris with me for our first spa day!
This was my Thank you gift to her for helping me move into our new home.
I pre booked our appt just a week before to make sure we could have an hour long massage together. The lady I booked with was very friendly and helped me pick the perfect package.
I chose the Swedish Massage for $124.00 each, which includes a 60 min massage, and we could spend the rest of the day in the baths and steam room's.
Let me tell you.......its worth every cent!!!!
Our package also included lunch, as well as a pretty metal water bottle to take home.
From the moment I parked my car, I knew we were in paradise.
Its quiet and tranquil and a lovely walk along the bridge to get to the spa.
The young ladies at the front desk are wonderful and helpful and they explain everything to you.
Sandra has magic finger's and she gave me an amazing massage.
I was in heaven......awwwwwwww!!!
We went back to the front desk and they explain the process of the hot and cold pools to us.
There explain to you how they work and what you should and should NOT do.
We hit the outside hot tub first, then the cold pool. Let me tell you, it was soooo cold, I was in and out fast but it was soooooo refreshing.
Then....we went in for lunch.
I love the healthy menu and the sitting area was tranquil and the view was beautiful.
The place was clean clean clean, and very well
I can only imagine how beautiful it will be in the fall, and I think we'll have to go back again in the winter time. They have an eucalyptus steam room that was beyond amazing. We went back and forth a few times...... It was heavenly!!! We stayed for almost 5 hours.The atmosphere was calm and serene and soooo relaxing.
I can't wait to go back.......but for now.....I think I'll take a nap....lol

Please give this place a try, I promise you'll be planning to go back the moment you get home.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ontariobeachbummin
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your visit. Hope to see you again soon.