“Been many times - will always return from Up North”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare. NEW in mid-January 2017 - Infrared Sauna & additional Relaxation Solaria
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The last time I was there was June 15 2011...far too long, really...but...I have returned since the first time because the experience has always been fantastic.
The staff are very helpful. (My first visit, I received "help" from the one and only staff memeber that I have ever encountered there that wasn't expressing her best for customer service) The layout is beautiful, practical and very serene.
I am from an area of Ontario that has peaceful getaways in abundance...be they 5* or right in someone's backyard...so lush natural beauty rarely blows me away, but it's the overall experience - all your senses are heightened thanks to the 'quiet' signs in place - and the hushed tones the staff use. Your eyes and nose are engaged immediately. The music puts your strains at ease and once you enter the baths (or have a massage first) you begin to relax in a way that you must experience to believe.
The meal at the bistro is always amazing - when in Collingwood I usually go to Cafe Chartreuse - everything is out of this world. Everything.
Everything is quite clean and very well maintained.
I have been there mostly during the week as a friend lives in Collingwood and informed me of how busy it can be during the weekends. I love a middle of the week pamper - so I'm good with that.
I have seen staff ask people to quiet down - as they should. It's on the website about the tranquility, it's on the signs...if one cannot respect what the spa is there for and trying to provide for it's clientelle..they should not go there. You wouldn't want someone bursting in on your massage would you? I would think that any sensible person would hold the spa responsible for allowing such an inane thing to happen...it's the same thing. ultimately one would question the individual themself...and in the case of the 'quiet' aspect - you'd be questioned there as well since they do not hide the fact but in fact advertise it.
Shhhh.
Enjoy all the quiet.
It will do you a lot of good.
Shhhh.
You might even enjoy being quiet more often.
Just a thought.

2  Thank Behhna
ScandinaveSpaBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Midweek visits are the best way to enjoy the tranquil environment. Thanks for being a Scandinave Spa guru!

There are newer reviews for Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently moved to Collingwood & got a membership at the Scandinave, so here is the lowdown from 3 months of experience: The staff is amazing & will treat you well. The weekends are at full capacity, always, so if you want to get away from people, go mid week & not on a holiday. Tuesdays & Thursdays are the quietest. As for people getting upset about the shushing: it says right on the website "At Scandinave Spa silence is at the heart of the experience". There are dozens of signs all over the spa (including 2 before you even walk in) that say to be quiet - silence & tranquility is the whole point of the Scandinave. I've had to leave early multiple times because ignorant / illiterate people just wouldn't shut up. Those yappy people ruin the experience for dozens. It's a fabulous getaway - just respect the quiet. (ie: if you want to plan a fun woman's day with friends & chat all day, please spare the other guests & don't go!).

4  Thank wadawas

You are our first member writing about their experience - thanks for being a supporter of the Spa!

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Started the visit with a massage and then into the pools. Great visit! As out was mid-week, it was not as busy as noted in some of the reviews. Great food in the on-site bistro.

1  Thank Rhbarens

Thank you for taking the time to write about your day.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Spent a few hours at this spa with my two girlfriends. The layout and landscaping in beautiful. The pools, sauna and steam room were excellent. I had booked the massages a month earlier and they were charged to my credit card the day of booking ( 140.00 pp) which I found unusual that I was being charged for a service I had yet received, but that is their policy. Everyone that is booked for a massage at the same time as yourself ( about 7-8 ppl ) sits in a waiting area and then the RMTs call out your name. Found this not very personal, however my massage was great. After the massage we used the pools, staff were walking around the perimeter telling people to be quiet, found this really annoying, more so than the people talking to each other. If you have never been I would recommend it but I don't think I will return. Way too many people for my liking and the sushing was annoying.

Your comments are well-taken. We are busy on weekends and holidays so we do try to keep the integrity of tranquil environment. We are always interested to hear how we can improve our service and professionalism so your comments about the massage pavilion is in discussion.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been here with my daughter, April 6, 2013. It was a Christmas gift from my husband and my son ( and brother). To be honest, I was a little skeptical about it: almost hour and something to drive for a massage... but now I can say it worth every minute what we spend on the road. Very friendly stuff, everything organized to last detail...No minute waste with unreasonable waiting. Spa located in the heart of Blue Mountain and this location does not need a advertising, Is a piece of Eden in the middle of nowhere.
My masseuse Kali deserve five stars rating with no question asking! Thank Kali, you made my day! And thank to rest stuff as well! Thank you to greeter ( unfortunately I don't know name), he toke time, explain what to do, where to go, we were a first time visitors. It was very relaxing day and I highly recommended this spa to everyone who is looking for a piece- full place to spend weekend and do something for them self's.

1  Thank Karkulka40

We appreciate your comments and have passed along your thanks to your massage therapist!