“Beautiful facility, romantic and relaxing”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the renowned Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort and open all year from 10am-9pm, guests enjoy the serenity of the environment. The Baths include a Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges & relaxation areas. Also available are Registered Massage treatments, relaxing getaway packages & an on-site bistro serving healthy local fare. NEW in mid-January 2017 - Infrared Sauna & additional Relaxation Solaria
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Los Angeles, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Beautiful facility, romantic and relaxing”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was our first visit to the Scandinave Spa. We were so pleased with the experience. First, my only complaint: the waitlist procedure is confusing. I wish I had known that we could have come in, left our names, and then returned at a specific time, as we saw another group doing. That would have saved us some time, since we did drive right by the spa on our way into Blue Mountain. We could have stopped in. However, Mark was hospitable and had us in quickly. We rented robes ($12 - worth it in the winter) and enjoyed the spa for three hours. The hot pools were a highlight, particularly the warmest one which is in the back corner, furthest from the entrance. The "relaxation" room temperature rooms were nice for recovery. We would have appreciated the eucalyptus steam room being hotter, since every time the door opened, the temperature dropped. This is more of a concern when the spa is busy. However, it was adequately warm and steamy, not a major problem. Overall the facilities were very good and we were impressed by the Scandinave Spa. Even though the facility was at maximum capacity with waitlist, it did not feel overcrowded. Scandinave is very, very wise to limit the number of people inside. Well done. A better selection of magazines would be appreciated, not just the superficial sports and beauty selection. Additionally, one locker in wintertime is not sufficient, given how large coats and boots are. I had to leave my boots sitting out in the locker room, and really cram everything else into the locker. Perhaps this is because I brought a change of clothes, which I definitely recommend doing -- it feels lovely. Overall a great experience, will return.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Kenojuak
ScandinaveSpaBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We appreciate your comments - thank you for visiting.

• Korean first
Collingwood, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really Relaxing”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I arrived and were told there was a wait list, we figured we would be there for ever but they had us in in about 10 min, the spa is clean and easy to navigate, the staff is wonderful and helpful. In all the baths and steam rooms were amazing.

Visited January 2013
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“love it”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

i've been here a few times a year for the past couple of years. always anticipating my next vist. love it. no complaints. quiet and relaxing. have only tires the baths. can not comment on the other services

Visited December 2012
ScandinaveBlue, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Glad to hear that you have enjoyed multiple visits to the Scandinavian Baths experience. Hope to see you again soon!
London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good but not outstanding”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I would say it's good but not outstanding. The pictures are better than what I've seen. There've 3 hot pools and 2 cool ones (extremely cold). I came there with my girlfriend today at around 12 and we were to stay in the waiting list. We came out for lunch and came back at around 2:30pm.

The spa is good for relax but it's kind of small.
Good choice for your holiday trip.

Erin, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

While the hot tubs, saunas, and steam room are very spacious and relaxing, and men are welcome, there is much to improve on at this spa.

-needs cushioned and waist-level seating at fireplaces and in the quiet reading rooms. There are just too many people that both prefer and need comfortable seating for health reasons. I realize that cushioned seating outdoors in the winter can pose a problem but at least have ones that aren't 4 inches above ground level and people can comfortably get in and out of.
-include robes and flip-flops in the daily fee. Some people will still bring their own but this stops the spread of athlete's foot and planter's warts, basic health measure.
-have towel bins in the change rooms
-ensure change room showers are never cold no matter how many people are using them. I don't know how, just do it.
-don't be so strict about talking. I've seen so many people comment on this and I have to agree. Signs EVERYWHERE urging "quiet", "silence", and "absolute silence" so what if I actually wanted to discuss the experience with my co-bathers? At least have one "social" pool please.
-add "spa brand" shampoos, conditioners, and body wash to showers. My apologies if that's already what's there but it didn't really smell like it.
-add some yummy smoothies to the menu maybe?
-have brushes and combs in the change rooms with jars of barbicide. A curling iron and flat iron would be nice too.

My recommendation: for women - spend the $6 more to go to Body Blitz in downtown Toronto. They address 100% of the items listed in my review and, for me at least, it's a wash when gas money, travel time, and wear and tear on the car are taken into account.

3 Thank Dawn H
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback and have considered many of your suggestions. We do have a unique spa experience which may not offer all the amenitites of a city spa or resort spa. We hope that our guests find value in the natural environment we have created.