“"Peace and Serenity"”

Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award-winning Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain offers the unique Scandinavian Baths experience. Situated in a natural forest, minutes from downtown Collingwood & Blue Mountain Resort, guests are encouraged to enjoy the serenity of the outdoor environment year-round. The Scandinavian Baths include a new Infra-red Sauna, recently renovated Finnish Sauna, Eucalyptus Steam Room, Thermal & Nordic Waterfalls, Hot Baths, Cold Plunges, Fireplaces and expansive indoor and outdoor Relaxation Areas. Also available are Registered Massage reservations, getaway packages with local accommodators as well as a casual bistro serving healthy local fare. Scandinave Spa is open daily. The Baths are subject to capacity limits. We recommend visiting weekdays and evenings to avoid line-ups and long wait lists for access. Guests must be 19+ yrs old.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I spent the entire day at this spa - starting out with a massage. It was quite busy when we arrived, and a little hectic at the check-in and locker rooms, however, once the real "spa" experience started it was "heaven on earth". Despite the weather (cool, windy and on/off rain) the experience was more than I ever expected. My husband and I spent the entire day (10:30 - 4:30) and loved every minute. We had a light lunch around 2:00 which was very tasty and reasonable. Dining in our robes enabled us to continue on with the total feeling of relaxation - peace and serenity. This is definitely an experience that everyone should indulge in atleast once in their lifetime!
P.S. - and yes, the staff definitely do enforce the "quiet please" policy. Just ask my husband who didn't realize his voice was carrying all the way up and over the waterfalls!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"relaxing experience"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed October 14, 2011

After a long day of hiking / skiing / mountain biking / trail running, this is the BEST spot to relax and feel the tension melt away from your muscles. My husband and I both really enjoy this spa, we were there probably for the 6th or 7th time in June. Too bad patrons are so loud, although there is always staff going around to remind those who are forgetful of the environment's whisper zones to kindly lower voices. Don't miss the steam bath in a silo and the wood-fed sauna...

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Nestled amongst the trees, adjacent to the ski hill on Blue Mountain, lies a gem in the way of a spa.

It offer four pools: two hot, two cold, with cascading falls on each of them... a nice visual and audio touch.

Along with the above pools, there are two huge saunas, one steam the other dry... and they are efficient!

The place is immaculate, with a staff that is more than cordial...with a key given to you for your locker. Robes are available, massages as well, but you pay for those at moderate fees. Entry can run between $40 to $50, but well worth the price...we stayed for the better part of three and half hours.

The is soft music in the back ground, and that is the only thing you will hear, as talking is suggested NOT to take place.. there are numerous signs to this effect... in the saunas..."Absolutely No Talking". This was great, as you were not disturbed by the throng that was there...so, I got some great reading in...sitting in a hanging chair... there are lots of places to be alone, and without the talking. Some may find this difficult...but it grows on you.

Indeed, if in the Collingwod area, whether to ski in the winter, or taking in the beach in the summer...consider taking in the Scandinave! I'm going back.

canuckTed

4  Thank canuck1Canada
BluesOntario, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you here at Scandinave Spa again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Great place to go to rejuvenate in a day! Outdoor hot pools, cold plunges, saunas and steam rooms. We started with a massage and spent the day there. Even in the rain it was a fabulous experience. They encourage quiet, which improves the restful experience. great lunch too.

Thank you for your feedback. Our bistro fare is provided by Café Chartreuse a local café in Collingwood.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I thought I would leave a review since my experience differed considerably from what some other folks experienced. All of the staff that I encountered were courteous, friendly and professional. I was in no way pressured to rent a robe or slippers (I brought my own as well as a water bottle). They give you 2 towels and let you know that at any time you can exchange them for dry towels. When I arrived I was given an orientation as to the heating/cooling/resting protocol and the various options (loved the steam room!). I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the setting - the Spa is surrounded by trees which really lend to relaxation - particularly when relaxing in one of their hammocks. Everything appeared to be very clean and well maintained with lots of thoughtful touches such as container gardens lining the walkway to the spa, current magazines to flip through in the cafe and clever devices on the water fountains to refill your water bottle. I really appreciated the quiet when using the facilities - there were groups of people talking softly to each other but I didn't see anyone getting in "trouble". :-) It was 14C the day I visited and I was surprised that I was quite comfortable sitting outside in a wet swimsuit - the heat really stays in your body after a "heating" session! They also have very nice solariums which would be a nice option in cooler/rainy weather.

2  Thank Periwinkle11
BluesOntario, Owner at Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Your feedback is important to us. We hope to see you at the Scandinave again soon and provide yet another wonderful experience for you.