All reviews bit dated train station min walk jr pass ferry ride hotel is located rooms are small non smoking free breakfast japan rail pass room rate recommend this hotel japanese standards perfect location next morning mainland island
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We slept one night in the hotel and found out immediately that the beds are very old and disgusting, see the pictures that we took. The mattress must be 20y old at least.

Further:
The location of the hotel is really great and we were positively surprised by a proper breakfast (in contradiction to the other negative reviews). But the beds —> we would not recommend to sleep if you want to feel clean.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Companion811086, フロント at Miyajima Coral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Hello

Thank you for staying at Miyajima Coral Hotel.
Did you have a pleasant trip?
I am sorry that the bed mat is old.
We have to change it to new ones.
Please come and stay a lot! !
The hotel has good access to Miyajima and is ideal for Miyajima sightseeing.
Access from Hiroshima city to Kintai Bridge in Iwakuni is easy.
You can enjoy from Hiroshima to Yamaguchi.
You can keep luggage after check in and check out, so you can go sightseeing easily.
Winter is a delicious oyster!
Please eat oysters in Hiroshima!
I am waiting for you to come again.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

Despite the name, this hotel is not on the island of Miyajima but on the mainland of Miyajimagucchi. To the right of the ferry terminal for Miyajima but on the mainland. Unfortunately, the sign for this hotel is not at eye level but high up on the 9th floor, so not always easy to find.
The room was very comfortable with plenty of storage space, a kettle, well light room. Tthis hotel is very well situated, as only a few minutes walk to the ferry terminal and the railway station. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Mountain View - worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello

Thank you for staying at Miyajima Coral Hotel.
Did you have a pleasant trip?
The hotel has good access to Miyajima and is ideal for Miyajima sightseeing.
As you say, the name is Miyajima, but not on the island but on the mainland side.
Access from Hiroshima city to Kintai Bridge in Iwakuni is easy.
You can enjoy from Hiroshima to Yamaguchi.
Winter is a delicious oyster!
Please eat oysters in Hiroshima!
I am waiting for you to come again.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We had a room overlooking the ocean in this comfortable hotel for just one night. We also had a tasty evening meal after arriving quite late. Breakfast the next morning is part of the very reasonable daily rate. There are plenty of choices and the food was fresh and enjoyable. Staff are helpful and friendly. Room was smallish but comfortable and contained everything we needed including hair dryer. Would choose to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
宮島コーラルホテル, フロント at Miyajima Coral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear Wendy I

Thank you for your stay at Miyajima Coral Hotel.

Did you have a good trip to Miyajima?
I am very happy if it was a good trip for you.
The hotel has excellent access to Miyajima.
It is 2 minutes walk from the ferry port.
It is a 5-minute walk from JR Miyajimaguchi Station.
We can store your luggage before check-in and after check-in.
Please do not hesitate to come to the reception.

If you dine in the hotel restaurant, the best dish will be served.
Please eat Japanese dishes with Hiroshima's ingredients.
I think it will be a very good memory.
Breakfast consists of a buffet of snacks, but there are also Japanese dishes made with bread and rice balls.
I highly recommend it. We can have breakfast slowly at the place where the sea is visible.

Please come back to Miyajima! ! I look forward to it.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

This was a very comfortable stay but the building is very old and dated in design. Otherwise, for its price, I would recommend one staying here so that you have more time exploring Miyajima Island! Room comes with free breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear ronrush

Thank you for your stay at Miyajima Coral Hotel.

Did you have a good trip to Miyajima?
I am very happy if it was a good trip for you.
The hotel has excellent access to Miyajima.
It is 2 minutes walk from the ferry port.
It is a 5-minute walk from JR Miyajimaguchi Station.
We can store your luggage before check-in and after check-in.
Please do not hesitate to come to the reception.

If you dine in the hotel restaurant, the best dish will be served.
Please eat Japanese dishes with Hiroshima's ingredients.
I think it will be a very good memory.

Please come back to Miyajima! ! I look forward to it.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I never even saw the hotel as from the name, I thought this was on the island of Miyajima. On the morning of the stay, I realized this is not in Miyajima island but in Miyajimaguchi. I contacted the hotel earlier that morning so see if they would do anything - even some minimal amount of compensation as this was an honest mistake, and confusing since the name is Miyajima Coral Hotel, but they refused. So I can't tell you about the rooms or hotel, but just note the location is on the mainland, not the island.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Shivani T

Thank you for staying at the Miyajima Coral Hotel.

Did you have a nice trip?
There is not in the island of Miyajima, but access from Miyajima is good from the ferry platform.

The name caused trouble to you.
I'm sorry.

It is close to JR train station and you can enjoy from Hiroshima city to Yamaguchi prefecture.

Oysters are very tasty in winter!
If you like oysters, please come and have some oysters in Miyajima!

I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Miyajima Coral Hotel Hirai