I highly recommend this Lodge for a stay at Colonia Carlos Pellegrini to visit the Esteros del Ibera.
1.The service was great. Matias, our host, catered for everything we needed (we were 8, with 2 little kids), from the meals, the excursions, the transfer, etc.
2.The location is excellent. Colonia C. Pellegrini is a very small town, therefore you can wander on foot, what for me was important was that the lodge was right on the lagoon, with its own dock, where you leave with the boat for the excursions or you can grab the canoe and paddle around, or just stand there and watch the marine life.
3.The food was really good and so abundant!
4. The rooms are nice and confortable. We left at 6 pm the last day and as no one was checking in, we could stayed in our rooms until leaving at no extra cost.
5. The Lodge has also a beatiful and big park and a swimming pool to relax after lunch and between excursions.
I would definetly return to Irupe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iberá Lake and marshlands are among the last paradises on earth where visitors can get face to face with caimans, capybaras, swamp deer, howler monkeys and hundreds of birds. Over 350 species of birds live in this virgin landscape.The ideal starting point for excursions into the Iberá marshlands is the village of Colonia Carlos Pellegrini.The panoramic view of our park and the lake right out front, crowded with colourful birds, invites you to explore Argentina’s nature. The Lodge construction on poles ensures a natural and cozy atmosphere for unforgettably relaxing days.At Irupé Lodge, we offer two different types of rooms:• 4 Superior rooms with panoramic windows, integrated living-room, private bathroom with bathtub, individual balcony with view to the lake Iberá. The superior rooms are located in separate cabins and hidden in the naturally dense vegetation of our park.• 4 Standard rooms with panoramic windows towards lake Iberá and private bathroom. The standard rooms are located in the main building and have direct access to a large living area, library and open-air veranda.• Our family suite in the main building with bedroom with balcony, separate living room and private bathroom is the ideal solution for a family with 2 or 3 children.Esteros del Iberá is the place for adventurers and nature lovers!Here are some options we can offer you:Boat Safaris:On the lake Iberá you can take morning, sunset and night safaris. Swamp deer, capybaras, caimans, giant otters and birds can be observed all year round.Night Safaris:To see the swampland’s other face, you start off with a specialized guide around sunset. Either on the boat or on foot you will get a demonstration of the variety of the swamp’s strange sounds while observing the night active animals. Horseback riding and horse-drawn carriage trips:Sitting astride a horse, you’re sure to get a different view of the marshland and its surroundings. In the company of your guide you will find trails through palm tree forests and past the sparkling water of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Irupe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Irupe Hotel Colonia Carlos Pellegrini
- Irupe Lodge Argentina/Colonia Carlos Pellegrini