See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 29, 2017

In mid-November I booked for 6 nights from 20th to 26th December at around HKD1,900 per night although knowing that normally the room price of this hotel should be HKD 500-1000 per night. But I have no choice as all hotels in Fukuoka area were fully booked already. The location of this hotel is quite far from Fukuoka downtown with distance of more than 37 km and every single journey I needed to drive for about 1.5 hours so the hotel information mentioning that the distance between Fukuoka and the hotel being 20 km is inaccurate. The hotel condition was old so there were plenty of stains on wall and carpet. The staff were very polite as always carrying with smile but only very few staff could really communicate in English. When I made the booking I mentioned that one day in our stay was our 24th Wedding Anniversary and I wanted to celebrate with my wife in the hotel but unfortunately there was no any response or follow up with my case. Very disappointing especially I paid double for the room nights. Maybe they just not know what I wrote, who knew! Anyway, a quiet old hotel with less than 50% occupancy over the Christmas time though its Japanese spa was good (at any time less than 10 persons in one occasion around 9 p.m. I could occupy the entire spa area by oneself) I will rather select another hotel for our stay when we visit Fukuoka again in future.

Room Tip: Only 6th Floor equips with Japanese rooms with no sea view so if you want a good view please opt for a room at upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Timothy L
Reviewed July 7, 2016

This hotel is located little far away from the main city but near to the sea and other beauties of Japan. The hotel offer you a free raid each and every day to the main railway station three times a day. So, this is a wonderful place for those who like the nature and enjoy the days in Japan while go there and here for shopping. The service is really wonderful and the rooms are quite big and enough for entire family even.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and ideal ones are the sea view ones
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel since it has a pool and was offered for a good price. The pool was clean and well maintained. Our rooms were relatively large and were totally ok except that the carpet - as everywhere in the hotel - needs to be changed urgently.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tife99
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having stayed in a few Daiwa Royal hotels throughout Kyushu, I've found their rooms to be very similar. Spacious, but all showing their age and in need of refurbishment. Genkai Royal Hotel in particular, has rooms with badly-stained walls and carpets (rust-colored stains) which left me with an overall unpleasant feeling. The breakfast was typical fare and nothing much to cry home about.

One good thing about the hotel was that the noise isolation in the room was slightly better than other hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Chel090
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is brand new one near Hukuoka in north Kushu. Facilities and rooms are very clean and cozy. The foods are also excellent. Furnitures in the room are the same as in the palmplet of the hotel.
It is almost impossible to stay at a very good hotel like this one at the resonable price.
I strongly recommand this hotel to you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family