“Sensational find in Elne” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Au Remp'Arts

Au Remp'Arts
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Elne
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“Sensational find in Elne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had dinner at a place in the old city of Elne called Remp'Arts. Already four tables full when I arrived soon after they opened at 7pm, and the food that's been delivered so far looks great. I ordered a small bottle of Collioure red and three entrees instead of the set menu - foi gras, anchovies and the charcuterie plate. It must be a night for good soundtracks as they were playing a cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah when I sat down.

The anchovies arrived first. The filets were alternated with slices of red pepper on the plate, covered by slivers of onion. Half a boiled egg, a slice of cucumber, some tomato, and a little bowl of very light aeoli completed the course. I tried the various ingredients alone and in combinations and everything worked - a delightful dish, delicious, well balanced and refreshing.

The charcuterie was next; Jamon served on a thin slice of toast smeared with a tasty relish, salami, lomo, black pudding, some sliced sausage, terrine, and a pile of green salad in the middle of the plate just in case for some reason you get sick of meat.

I was already more than full by now with the foi gras yet to come. I was about to ask if I could cancel it when it arrived. Lucky they beat me to it as this was another winner. The pâté was very light, not overly rich as some tend to be, and served with an onion jam which worked a treat. There was also a slice of whole seared liver on the plate and some dried apricots, which worked really well with the fois gras.

Now I was completely stuffed, and I hadn't even considered dessert. In fact, I couldn't - it would be like the restaurant scene in Monte Python's "Meaning of Life" climaxing with me exploding over the other patrons. Then the waiter bought the dessert menu and I crumbled - how can you say no to nougat ice cream covered in Chantilly cream? I certainly couldn't. There was a small dog wandering around the restaurant and I considered palming some of it off on him, but honestly this was too good to share.

This place is good. Really, really good. I think I might be back tomorrow.

• Visited September 2013

Oxford
“Wonderful Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We took the €1 bus from Collioure to explore the town - well worth it - and came by pure chance on this little leafy corner. We had a large amount of excellent food very cheaply. It's not surprising it filled up soon after we got there at 12 when it opened. A hidden treasure!

Visited August 2013
Northern Ireland
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a lovely restaurant, just round from our hotel Le Cara-sol. It was lovely sitting out under the leafy patio. The service was very good, as was the food. I would recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
“Came back the day after - this is how good it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This nice place in the quite town of Elne is just wonderfull. The waitor made us feel welcomed. The food was great and good value. As we ate there two nights in a row we tried a great deal on the menu and everything was great. It can be a good idea to reserve if you're coming after 8 pm.

• Visited July 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Dinner in the Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious meal; very fresh, quality ingredients, good sized portions and not too expensive.

Visited July 2013