“Two thumbs up!”

Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Five star hotel for sure, I booked this hotel for our last night in France so it would be easy to catch our flight the next morning. We entered the drive to find a beautiful Chateau Hotel, what a great treat. We where celebrating our anniversary on this trip and I had let them know in our reservation we booked through booking.com. They put us in a very pretty room in the original part of the Chateau, I felt like royalty walking up the beautiful staircase, everything was done in very good taste, the room was beautiful with a 1/2 bottle of champaign and a box of chocolates in our room. After a casual dinner in the Bar area we came back to the room to a beautiful turn down service with rose petals on the bed, very romantic. Make sure to make your dinner reservations in advance or when you check in, we ate early in the bar, 7pm and they had every table reserved in there for the evening and had to turn a few away. We had an early flight so had to skip the formal dining room but was beautiful at the wonderful breakfast the next morning. Also loved the indoor pool, it was so much fun swimming under chandeliers. It was Saturday and was pretty full and it looked like they needed a few more lounge chairs near the pool not much else I could see that needed improvement.
I loved this place and wish we would have had more time to spend there and would say staying here is by far much better than staying at the airport hilton.

Room Tip: Our room was a deluxe and was about 200 eur. Very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

o dear looks like I hit an off day judging by other peoples reviews but i encountered four staff on reception who were totally disinterested in helping me and then spent 15 minutes finding by booking.com reservation - it's not really what you need after a six hour drive - an apology would also have been a bonus. The gym is also pathetic with four old pieces of equipment and no air conditioning. My first room also had no wifi so they moved me to a room with a better signal. The rooms are lovely and the location is great it's just such a shame to encounter 1 star service in a four star hotel especially when I am paying 200 euro's

Room Tip: even number rooms on left hand side have the main plant machinery outside which is very noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank lovefoodLondon
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked Tiara Chanteau Mont Royal for 3 nights through a promotion so we "only" paid 140 EUR/room/night (instead of 200 EUR/room/night), breakfast included.

The hotel is inside a castle and - although I'm a critical kind of person - I can hardly think of any negative comments. It's a 4 star officially, but I even dare comparing it to the 5 star Marriott in Brussels.

The rooms are wonderful, you each get a (very soft) bathrobe, the bathtub is in marble, there are 2 sinks, there's a safe in the room, there is a dressdown service in the evening, there's a nice pool and 1 spa.

The breakfast (which normally costs 31 EUR but was included for us) was really really lovely. There's not a single thing that you can think of, which isn't there! It's a must to have the breakfast included in your stay, I would say.

Most of all, I would like to point out that EVERY staff member we encountered, was extremely polite and friendly. I've rarely seen this kind of friendliness so here's a big thank you to the entire staff. You've really made our stay worthwhile!

The few negative things that I could mention are the facts that there's no sauna available, the pool may be a bit too small if there are several people using it (we were lucky enough to have it for ourselves on the 1st day, but the next day we couldn't use the spa cause there were already 3 other people in it - and it's so relaxing, that people tend to stay in it for a very long time of course :-), you really need a car to explore the area (the Chantilly castle is about a 15 minutes drive from the hotel, although it might appear wrongly in Google maps as a 30 minutes drive), I couldn't use the rain shower for too long cause there was a leak somewhere around the water shield and there was water all over the bathroom floor after I showered, the restaurant is very expensive (a sandwich costs about 22 EUR so we didn't try the restaurant.)

All in all if a similar promotion would be available, I would surely go back if I wanted to relax and walk around in the nice green area of La-Chappelle-en-Serval.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is one of the best i have stayed in.

The hotel is super clean, the staff are very attentive, the bedroom was amazing and very clean. The beds are super comfy and we had a sofa in our bedroom, so it made it much more homey.
The food in the restaurant is excellent, you have to go. The restaurant has a one michelin star, so you can imagine how good the good is.

There were a few bad points. Once the food and drinks were ordered - it took a long time to bring them to us (very annoying). The bedroom walls are very thin- so you hear everything going on in the next persons bedroom.

We had a problem on our second night, which meant we had to go home. The management were very nice and only charged us for one night and were very helpful with transport.

Room Tip: Choose a roll looking onto parc astrix
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently had a two night stay in this beautiful property as part of a tour. We did not know what to expect but were very pleasantly surprised by the warmth, friendliness and beauty of this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again, if traveling by ourselves. The grounds surrounding the property are stunning and are part of the Chantilly forest. Our room was large, by European standards, the bathroom with a stand alone shower quite nice. We loved the outdoor terrace sitting area which was lovely after returning from a tour and having a glass of wine prior to dinner. We had dinner twice as part of the tour and was a pleasant surprise. They were both Buffet's but the food was excellent, above any buffet we have had on a tour. In addition, it was very well organized by having the head waiter telling each table when it was their turn to go to the four different tables which enabled diners to have easy access to the different food varieties without long lines causing long waits! Ingenious at best!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A quick orientation of your seat, a nip to the bar for some munchies and before you know it you have arrived at Gare du Nord Paris on Eurostar from St Pancras.

Immediately outside Gare du Nord is a taxi rank - dont allow yourself to be ripped off by the smooth talking, smartly dressed business man coordinating a fleet of tinted mercedes benz vehicles. They offered me a rate of Euro 200 one way to La Chapelle en Serval which is where the hotel is (not in Chantilly). Chantilly is a further 10 -15 minute drive. The regular taxi was Euro 70 and the journey took around 40 minutes.

We arrived the day before Christmas Eve and the hotel appeared to be very quiet, so quiet that there was no assistance with our luggage up the 5 flight of stairs other than that of the taxi driver. But that flaw is soon forgotten once I was inside, checked in and in the room.

We were booked into a deluxe room. This room was on the top floor, a corner room with a wrap around balcony which my daughter used the next day to race her remote control truck - a christmas present she was allowed to unwrap. The balcony offered views over the forest canopy for miles around. The room did not disappoint - it is quite regal and is exactly as it's pictured on the hotel's website. As you enter the room, the wardrobes are on the left hand side of the hallway, also on the left hand side further down the hall is a separate toilet and at the very end is the bathroom with shower/bath tub. Both toilet and bathroom have lockable doors and so does the bedroom on the right hand side.

I have refrained from indulging in a description of the room for fear that my words may not be able to capture its true elegance. Suffice to say the rooms are as elegant as is portrayed on the website - the pictures do not lie. The same level of elegance is carried throughout the hotel into the hallways, restaurants etc.

Breakfast is a continental affair - dont expect any fruit flavoured yoghurts but what you will get is a great selection of cereals, dried fruits, cheeses and cold meats, etc.

With the exception of the hotel driver who took us to Domaine de Chantilly most staff spoke some english. There are no children facilities at this hotel which makes it better suited to couples and business clientele. If you are staying for a few days, La Chapelle and its surrounds will be much more accessible with the use of a car as the hotel is in a pretty but isolated area. On the other hand if you do stay at this hotel without a car - fear not, for your confinement will be in a regal space.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SunDancerIII
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Located just outside Chantilly (35 minutes from Paris and 15 minutes from C de Gaulle airport) this resort is situated in the heart of the Chantilly forest. The traditional French decoration reflects the hotel's heritage and character. High standards prevail. Amenities include golf, tennis, pool, and spa. I heard that you can bring your horse with you, but I didn't have one so I didn't confirm this. The food I had in the restaurant was excellent. I would compare this place with the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Chantilly
Hotel Le Chantilly
#3 of 7 in Chantilly
Best Western Plus Hotel Du Parc

Been to Tiara Chateau Hotel Mont Royal Chantilly? Share your experiences!