This was my husband and I's second trip to Playa Viva, and it was just as magical as before.
The open-air huts and images of baby sea turtles drew us in the first time. The sound of the ocean and delicious food filled my soul, and the genuine love of life and sense of peace from the locals of Juluchuca brought us back. Playa Viva is one of those places that sounds like a dream when you try to explain it to others: "We released 200 baby sea turtles into the ocean, had lunch in the mountains with a family who grows everything they eat, came back to watch whales playing in the sunset, released more baby sea turtles into the ocean, drank basil margaritas, went for a moonlight stroll on the beach, and fell asleep to the sound of waves and the cool breeze blowing through our open air hut". It sounds like something out of a movie. Too good to be true. But at Playa Viva, it's all real. And this was only the description of one day. The magic of this place is only heightened by the kindness of the staff, the genuine love for their community and serving others. Whether it's a massage on the beach, a gluten-free, vegan meal, or a trip into town to buy as much coconut candy you can fit in your luggage, they are happy to meet-and usually exceed your requests.
Playa Viva is magic.
A few tips:
Bring ear plugs. The ocean waves can be loud, and the animals in the surrounding area can be heard during the night. Great for some people, not so great for others.
The water is gorgeous and warm and great for boogie-boarding (which PV provides).
Bring insect repellant. The mosquitos come out in the evening.
The food is amazing and you won't need to diet when you get home because of how healthy and fresh everything is.
Internet is decent, husband was able to get some work done. Hopefully you're enjoying your trip too much to need to use internet though!
Leave your stress and worries at home. You won't need them here :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel with 8 rooms on a private beach located 30 minutes from Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International airport. Play Viva is located on 200 acres with 1.3 kilometers of beach front. 85% of the property is in a Private Reserve for use of guests and includes a turtle sanctuary, archaeological site, working permaculture farm, forest restoration, estuary and much more. Come enjoy yoga, surfing or any of the many local activities. Playa Viva is off grid, operating 100% on solar power, solar thermal water heating, grey and black water management systems and built with local materials and craftsmanship. We specialize in farm to table, sourcing much of our food locally and can handle a wide variety of dietary concerns from vegetarian and vegan to many types of allergies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets so you can book your Playa Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Viva Hotel Petatlan
- Playa Viva Mexico/Petatlan