First let me start by telling you that this place is AMAZING !
Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel in the middle of NO WHERE (
literally you have to drive a 4 miles dirt road to get to the hotel).
It is surrounded by nature and right ON THE BEACH.
The personnel is super friendly and yet we felt treated like prince and
There is only 8 rooms in this hotel and all the rooms are completely
open to the ocean ( check out the pictures on their website).
The beds are super comfortable and the rooms are so romantic and
beautiful. We felt like we where sleeping in a luxurious tree house.
We enjoyed daily yoga, the amazing pool, swam in the ocean, went on the
most beautiful nature walks ( and went on a hunt for crocodiles !).
We got to released tiny tiny baby turtles onto the ocean in the morning.
All the guests and sometimes the personnel shared local organic home
cooked food everyday on a huge beautiful wood communal table on the
We met people from Spain, Germany and all over the US.
We also went to visit the closest town ( 20 000 people) and the closest
village( 400 people) and it's coconut candy factory as well as the
school ( you can bring books and school supplies to donate when you go
If you are looking to combine intense relaxation, lush nature, animal
protection, cultural discovery and the most perfect family destination
..... then this is your next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel with 8 rooms on a private beach located 30 minutes from Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International airport. Play Viva is located on 200 acres with 1.3 kilometers of beach front. 85% of the property is in a Private Reserve for use of guests and includes a turtle sanctuary, archaeological site, working permaculture farm, forest restoration, estuary and much more. Come enjoy yoga, surfing or any of the many local activities. Playa Viva is off grid, operating 100% on solar power, solar thermal water heating, grey and black water management systems and built with local materials and craftsmanship. We specialize in farm to table, sourcing much of our food locally and can handle a wide variety of dietary concerns from vegetarian and vegan to many types of allergies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your Playa Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Viva Hotel Petatlan
- Playa Viva Mexico/Petatlan