I only stayed here for one night so maybe there's a flaw in the operation that I didn't have time to see, but my experience was 10 out of 10. If you are on the fence about whether to go here, allow me to give you a little shove in Playa Viva's direction.
I got to participate in the baby turtle release program and so I now consider myself an eco-hero.
The staff was super friendly and helpful, even volunteering to take me on a little impromptu surf mission.
Loved the original beverages on offer from the very friendly bartender.
Also, while you can choose to make this a solitary retreat-like experience, you can also really bond with your fellow guests during the locally sourced family style meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Viva is a sustainable boutique hotel with 8 rooms on a private beach located 30 minutes from Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International airport. Play Viva is located on 200 acres with 1.3 kilometers of beach front. 85% of the property is in a Private Reserve for use of guests and includes a turtle sanctuary, archaeological site, working permaculture farm, forest restoration, estuary and much more. Come enjoy yoga, surfing or any of the many local activities. Playa Viva is off grid, operating 100% on solar power, solar thermal water heating, grey and black water management systems and built with local materials and craftsmanship. We specialize in farm to table, sourcing much of our food locally and can handle a wide variety of dietary concerns from vegetarian and vegan to many types of allergies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Playa Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Viva Hotel Petatlan
- Playa Viva Mexico/Petatlan