Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our trip. We had been busy travelling for a couple of weeks and we wanted to end the holiday with complete relaxation. And that is exactly what we got. The cabins are stunning; small but bright airy rooms with hand painted stencils and art coloring the walls. We would have loved our own fridge in the room but Uwe was kind enough to allow us to store our cheese in his fridge in the bar and gave us a cooler of ice on request. Each cabin has it's own patio with table and chairs where we enjoyed hours listening to the waves crash against the shore below. The beach is a short drive away but you could also walk it in about 20 mins if you feel the need the to leave the hotel... which we didn't! The pool is wonderful and cleaned every morning even though we were the only guests for the first few night. The hotel provides an enormous breakfast of fruit, eggs, rice and beans, toast with jams and a selection of cold meats and cheeses. It's HUGE and both of us could not even finish 1 breakfast between us. The dinners were nice and basic but the service is fantastic. Uwe and Brigit were so helpful and welcoming. We mentioned that we needed a shuttle to San Jose the morning we were leaving and Brigit went to Uvita and booked us a shuttle and paid for it for it herself to make sure we got our place. Honestly, this place was like a slice of heaven. We plan to return to Costa Rica specifically to return to the Lookout. I wish I could maintain that feeling of 'tranquilo' when I am back in the real world. Oh and the dog Blanca is hilarious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breakfast is included in your Guestroom Rate. Our hotel has twelve cozy bungalows with Queen beds (Junior Suite Rooms have one King Bed and one Queen Bed), Air Conditioners (Standard Deluxe Rooms have Ceiling fans), Tiled Floors, large hot water showers, and individual Patios. Hotel Lookout features magnificent views of both the Pacific Ocean and Jungle Wildlife. In the evening, from our 2nd Floor Lookout, open-air cafe, cozy lounge or outdoor pool, sit back, enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the ocean. What could be better after a day at the beach or a day full of fun activities? Ready for fun? Whether you wish to spend the day relaxing at the beach, enjoying a really good massage, hiking to a waterfall or ziplining through the trees, Hotel Lookout, the Gateway to Osa, is your activity coordinator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lookout At Playa Tortuga Hotel Ojochal
- Hotel Lookout At Playa Tortuga Costa Rica/Ojochal