Alma de Ojochal
$374
$204
$186
Travelocity
Bahia Azul Hotel(Uvita)(Great Value!)
$61
$90
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbamboo roomlive musicowners johnlarge balconycosta ricanightly entertainmentwatching the birdsthe breakfast areashrimpawesome placewould highly recommend this hotelroom hotelpleasure of stayingthe pacific oceangreat nightthree nightsrelaxing place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We expend 3 nights during Easter week with my husband, my son and my father and we loved it. It is a very relaxing place, the gardens are beautiful, great view and excellent service. The managers also have a very good restaurant, Fuego, nice live music, and very good food.
We will recommend this place to our friends and family

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2011

What to say about the Buena Vista, only good things, situated on top of a hill, surrounded by the mountains on one side and the magical sea view on the other. I was there at the end of December with my husband and 2 kids, the warm welcome we received form the host was overwhelming. They went out of their way to make our stay one of the best by helping us to visit the best beaches and best boat tour. If ever in Ojochal, i would highly recommend El Buena Vista and 2 min walk from the hotel you can lunch or dine in El Fuego, which was handy for us, after a long day full of activities, didn't fancy going far with the kids. The food is amazing and Olivier will accomodate your dish to your liking. All in all we had a great holiday and will definately return.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2011

It was my first trip to Costa Rica! I really enjoyed the warm welcome from Celine, the manager. She was so helpful to guide me from this part of the world.
The hotel El Buena Vista is located on top of a hill. The breeze is so refreshing.The view of the ocean on one side is breathtaking. You are surrounded by flowers and tropical trees. It's a paradise for all kind of birds and if you are lucky, you will meet the monkeys!
Celine then introduced me to her husband Olivier who owns the restaurant, El Fuego, located next to the hotel. It's very convienient! I had a good time there. The food is excellent and they had a latine band on a saturday night. It was great! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beautifull ocean view!
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed for 7 nights the end of March 2011 in unit #3, which is an upper corner unit. Wonderful views and striking sunsets from on top of the mountain. I am back just a few days and already missing the wonderful fresh fruit variety every morning along with Celine's special blended fresh fruit drink. From the very first day, it just felt like a new home and I was treated like that both at El Buena Vista and their excellent restaurant El Fuego, which is within easy walking distance from the B & B. I did just that before I had a car and on the last night when I had already returned my car. The food was super and Olivier even introduced me to some of their local friends that dined there. I even joined a group of them once. Again, it was just like family. On the last night their big dog, Blanca even walked home with me and laid down outside my door. Celine helped me arrange for 4 different adventure tours in the area and even helped me rent a car for my stay. I definitely will be back and go to both places. The only difference is that I will be staying longer next time and I already have family there.

Room Tip: #1 or #3 are upper level corners, but all are good
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights & were extremely pleased with the room. Our room was #3 which had a large balcony with an outdoor kitchen & views of the Pacific. The bathroom was well done with a tiled shower. The Wifi worked perfectly in the room & on the balcony. El Fuego Restaurant which is owned by the manager is only a few minute walk & was very good. The breakfast was just so-so. The manager has little children which is a distraction. There were plenty of birds to watch & we enjoyed an afternoon dip in the pool after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple