“Stefan is back in the kitchen!”
Review of El Jardin Tortuga

El Jardin Tortuga
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Ojochal
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: can't find actual address-often the case in Ojochal (south of Dominical)
Hamilton, Canada
“Stefan is back in the kitchen!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This year we returned with our sons as they wanted to meet this character that we have for many years talked about. Stefan alone is worth the visit. The open aired restaurant has the ambiance ias if the place was carved out of the jungle. Now for the food. Limited, Pizza or Lasagna. No menus, simple. Simply great wood-fired Pizza and Lasagna. Down for 2 weeks. There three times. And I hope he's there next year when we return.

• Visited March 2014

Cambridge, Canada
“He's open for business!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stefan is back in action! His pizza and lasagna are true works of art!
It is truly a magical experience in dining! He is an artist in every sense!
Add Stefan's wit and repartee and you have an unbeatable combination that you want to share with everyone!

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Jungle Treehouse Pizza”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is one of the most incredible restaurants I have visited, anywhere in the world. Stefan makes a truly great pizza (I live in NYC) and his gazpacho is one of the best I have ever tasted, but what makes this place so great is the building itself and the location.
Stefan has build (work in progress) most the place himself, including the brick oven, you truly feel you are on the set of "Swiss Family Robinson".
I was lucky enough to be there during a torrential rain storm that last two hours.
It's a little off the beaten path but if you are heading south past Uvite, it is well worth the detour.
Not sure when I will be back in that part of the world, but if I am, this is where I;m headed.

• Visited February 2014
Johnstown, Canada
“A Great Pizza”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were told that Stefan served the best pizza in town and they were right. The pizza is awesome and cooked in his outdoor wood burning pizza oven.

Be prepared for a little eccentricity, dog and cats wandering about, and Stefan showing you his pickled snake head but if you appreciate an experience along with good food you should not miss visiting the Jardin Tortuga.

• Visited December 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“to the artist”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Let me say this the food here is alway great. If you like pizza or lasagna this is a good spot. Stefan is a character that I enjoy on every visit. This place is bohemian, artsy, and a one off. I think we spend more time talking and exploring his creations as we do loving the food.

Visited January 2012