“Incredible Homemade Pasta”
Review of Mamma e Papa

Mamma e Papa
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Ojochal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wichita, Kansas
“Incredible Homemade Pasta”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The homemade pasta here is amazing. Attentive and friendly staff serve up perfect proportions with delicious sauces. Everyone was passing around their plates so they could try it all. Even though we were stuffed after we finished, we still went for dessert- best choice we made all night.

• Visited June 2013

Santiago de Puriscal, Costa Rica
“Absolutely marvelous Italian food , and in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ojochal is a hot bed of GREAT restaurants, so you have a lot to pick from, but make sure to go to Mamma e Papa. It is run by an Italian, and it shows!!! The location is off the beaten path, as are all restaurants in the Uvita and Ojochal area , so finding them is half the fun!

We got to Mamma e Papa after we braved the weather - August is 'green season' here, and we had received probably 5 inches or so of rain in just a few hours ( seriously!!) We were staying up the mountain at Oxygen and we were trapped for a while because the streams were flooding the road out - we thought about it for 10 minutes or so, then decided to brave the river ford. Luckily we made it!

We arrived to an empty restaurant , which was really romantic! We are vegetarians, so looking for a places with options for us is hard.. not here - the food was amazing!!

Everything was first rate Italian- I had the gnocchi , and my wife had the eggplant.... Vegetarian or not you MUST try the eggplant dish, even if you do not like eggplant. It may have been one of the best Italian dishes we have ever eaten!! no hype - it was that good.

Near the end of dinner a bus of 18 came in - so they can handle crowds too! And they have pizza.

Uvita, Costa Rica
“Great Italian food in Costa Rica”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Been here quite a few times over the years and a review is well overdrew. The best value restaurant in Ojochal by far, great fresh Italian food. The owner Enzo and his wife Gineth make you feel welcome and offer a first class service. The dishes are hand made and fresh, with many imported ingredients including hand made fresh pasta with Porcini Mushroom spaghetti one of my favorites and you can’t go wrong with the Pizzas. Great garden setting and a tasty fantastic value for Ojochal and this area, you can’t go wrong. Mamma e Papa is for us one of two choices in Ojochal.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“One of the best Italian restaurants I've been to.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had the Pasta Carbonara, and while waiting for the food the owner explained the his pasta is hand made. When my food came out, my taste buds exploded with a wonderful creamy flavor. The texture of the pasta definitely goes with the owner's claim that they hand make it. Needless to say, when ever I stay around the ojochal area, I will be a repeat customer!

Ballena, Costa Rica
“Lunch at Mamma e Papa”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Mamma e Papa for lunch and expresso with milk aka in USA (Starbucks) as latte.
It is very pretty - covered patio type that is the norm for this area. A young man (owner/ower's son?) waited on us. I ordered a latte and he asked me if I wanted milk. I said no, a latte - coffee! LOL I found out much to my chagrin that in Italian latte means milk - no coffee. If you want what Starbucks calls "latte" you ask for a machiatto (spelling-sorry) or latte machiatto I think. Really after getting the order right I did not put enough attention to learn it correctly - spelling etc.. The young man was Italian and I asked him how long he (or his family- parents etc..) had been in Costa Rica and he said 22 years. Of course he speaks Italian, Spanish and English fluently!! Another surprise in Costa Rica and especially in Ojochal !!! I would definitely return. I have to confess I forget now what we ate but that maybe a function of the memory of the 'latte' incident overpowering the others !!