“Best place on the South Pacific Coast”
Review of Restaurant Exotica

Restaurant Exotica
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ojochal
Cuisines: European, French, Polynesian, Thai, Vietnamese, International, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 32km south off Dominical GPS 9°4'53"N, 83°39'8"O
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Sorry to be redundant with everyone else's reviews, but Exotica is by far the best restaurant on the South Pacific Coast. It's absolutely worth the drive to get to Ojochal, and we have simply never had a bad meal while we in the many times we have visited there.

Lucy continues to be a gracious host every time we visit. She treats us like long-lost friends, which is an amazing feat considering she must see people so infrequently as they visit the area.

Everyone has his or her favorite when we go to Exotica, but I like to dine off the appetizer menu. I always get ceviche, the avocado salad, and a bowl of the wonderful Vietnamese Chicken Soup. I am never disappointed.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lots of people were raving about Exotica while we were in the area. we gave it a shot. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but for us it wasn't as great as we had hoped. We enjoyed Citrus more.

2  Thank Karri A
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had 2 incredible meals here during our 8 nights in Uvita. The Costa Rican sea bass in banana curry and Vietnamese chicken soup were awesome. Delicious food, very friendly service, and a great atmosphere made for 2 perfect meals.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Thank you Lucy for an amazing dinning experience! I ordered the Vietnamese Soup and the Banana Curry...best flavors I have ever put in my mouth. We hope to be back soon!

1  Thank sandbeeches
Reviewed May 12, 2014

For many years I have been eating here and I can honestly say it is ALWAYS. Amazing. Lucy, the owner, is like an angel floating in and out and delivering the creative, beautifully presented Fusion cuisine. The desserts are beyond comparison. Fresh Passion fruit sorbet and vanilla ice cream with homemade raspberry sauce...OMG. JUST GO, The setting in the lil village of Ojochal is lovely...make a reservation,....worth the drive from Dominical, in fact, worth a drive from San Jose. Always the best!