“Well Tasty!”
Review of Trevino Grilled Chicken - CLOSED

Trevino Grilled Chicken
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newly opened for Business as the Silk Cottage fine dining.Beautiful restaurant situated of the M80
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to visit this place for dinner as we were in the area anyways today and we were pleasantly surprised! We didn't expect much from a small restaurant just off the motorway, but we soon changed our minds! In this case, looks are definitely deceiving.... The place looks a little run down from the outside but on entering, the decor is lovely and Mexican themed, clean and the place looks much bigger on the inside than it does on the outside. On entering, we were greeted by very friendly staff who seated us quickly. The place wasn't too busy so we got to choose where we were seated. As it was a lovely sunny day, we chose a window seat. We got a deal which was 3 courses for just over £12 each, however, I only had 2 courses so was just over £9 for mines. At this price, We weren't expecting much but the food was very tasty! Our drinks soon arrived - my boyfriend had a soda and lime and I had a jug of sangria - yummy! Our starters were soon served..... I had the chicken Goujons - it wasn't your typical breaded style chicken, it was lovely tender pieces of chicken in a creamy cajun sauce, served with a side salad and a tortilla. Please note that the salad comes in a dressing (mines came with quite a lot of dressing) which I loved, however, please be aware of this to ask without if you don't like dressing. My boyfriend had the nachos for his starter which he thought was also very tasty. For main, I had the Addison bowl. This was effectively a bowl (made out of nacho) filled with chilli and topped with cheese etc and a border of rice surrounding the base of the edible bowl. This also came with salad. Was very enjoyable and tasty! My boyfriend had the ribs for his main served with Chips. He also said he really enjoyed this too. His came with chips - which I pinched a few and they were tasty too. I was too full to tackle a dessert so I just belted into my sangria while my boyfriend munched on his creme caramel (dessert)! I tried a spoonful of this and it was ok but not really to my taste - however, he seemed to enjoy it. It was a bit like a creme brûlée but didn't have a hard top to crack open and had a bit of a lumpy texture rather than completely smooth. It had a caramel type sauce over the top. When we finished, my boyfriend then asked for the bill, which came with mints and we then left. We will definitely return to this place! Highly recommend it!

3  Thank Nikki G

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch today..food delicious. ..2 starters, 2mains and 2 cokes only 19pounds.
Restuarant looks nothing from the outside but lovely inside.
Staff great very friendly and efficient.
We will defo be back.

2  Thank ireneanderson04
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

First visit to Trevino, and will not be the last. Now refurbished and changed from Chinese to Mexican I've been pleasantly surprised how good the food is. The staff were really nice.

2  Thank Ann K
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went for lunch on 28th May. Not very nice looking location and could do with a bigger car park and money spent on the outside building! First impressions not so good!

Inside it is lovely! Very nice and modern! Friendly staff and very good, quick service. Both myself and my husband had the lunch menu. Not bad choice. We both had for starters the chicken goujons which I loved! However would not say that the food served is not what you would expect going by the menu description. I would have been happy to have that starter as my main meal. Thought it was too big a portion for a starter ( apart from the wrap that came with it - it was tiny!)

For the main we both had fajitas which were alright. I have made better at home from a packet! Far too spicy and served with silly wee dishes that you are suppose to dip your fajitas in!!! It was also served with the tiny wraps. Not a great main meal.

The only desert I could pick was ice cream as that was to cool my mouth due to all the spice in the main meal. Not a great choice I thought for the deserts.

Overall worth a try but do not think I will go back. Would rather go to the sister restaurant Milano's. Far too much spice but great starter. Would be better if there was a better choice in deserts. Great cocktails and great staff. Really good price for set menu. But sadly a bad location. Overall it was ok.

1  Thank Yummymummy9313
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We popped in here on a whim after a quick google search. I had an amazing starter of chicken strips, done in a lovely sauce. It was huge and could easily have been a main course. The main courses were good standard fare. The service was excellent.

Don't be put off by the dodgy exterior! It's a lovely wee place and nicely decorated inside!

1  Thank Laura H