“Good value for money, roomy accomodations”

Castlecary House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Good value for money, roomy accomodations”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a very nice hotel on the M80, convenient to Glasgow and Stirling. It was a luxury hotel 20-30 years ago with the same drapes, furniture and couch. They have replaced the lighting and the bathroom fixtures. It has a full flow roomy shower and an extensive breakfast with waitress service. The parking is VERY tight and one big truck in the lot or a bunch of visiting cars may make a parking a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 42golf56_9
CastlecaryResponse, Manager at Castlecary House Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Castlecary and of course, glad you enjoyed. We are just a little concerned with comment on parking, perhaps you may have missed the rather large car park to the rear of the hotel, with parking for at least 50 cars?
Look forward to seeing you again at Castlecary in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
edinburgh
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed over night on a special offer, room was spacious and slightly dated, could do with a dusting, but as we were only staying on night not a major problem.
Had dinner and breakfast, both very good, especially dinner, there was 4 people in our party and everyone was delighted with their meal, and service in the dinning room. The staff were very friendly and helpful, apart from our receptionist when we checked in 'Mary' not what you would call a ray of sunshine, we all thought, what have we let ourselves in for if this is the attitude, but thankfully she was the only who seemed to be having a eally bad day.
Would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank erussell2
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have just come back from castlecary house hotel I stopped in one of the room out side. I had the best nights sleep in a hotel for a long time. I stayed there for three days the staff all was very pleasant and most welcoming. I liked the place so much that I have booked again for October and I mite book for November. To all the members af staff from the management to the cleaners thank you for a great stay see you all soon

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pikey1234
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a few weeks ago now and must admit we were disappointed. The rooms are very dated and in need of upgrading, there was no shower only a bath and there was such a lot of noise going on into the small hours. I understand that the hotel cannot do anything about the noisy guests but as they were all dancing about the car park, shouting and singing, perhaps they should have intervened earlier instead of waiting until complaint calls started coming in from the other guests.

I know many have grumbled about the breakfast, I found this to be okay, perfectly adequate.

Overall, I would not recommend staying here. I would have liked to have explained my gripes to the hotel staff but on departure there was very little communication and not once did someone ask if we had enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Not quite sure what to make of this place. The room was ok but it was in a separate annexe that looked like a row of houses. The room was spacious but dark. Bed was comfortable. However, the breakfast experience was unusual to say the least. I don't think I've ever had a traditional cooked breakfast without link sausages. Instead we got the highly salty square lorne sausage - horrible. There were 2 waitresses, one younger who was friendly and one older who didn't say good morning or crack a smile once. She seemed more interested in getting tables cleared and reset than providing a welcoming service. She took my cereal bowl away without asking if I was finished ( I wasn't, but she decided I was). Whereas the other waitress asked if I was finished my cooked breakfast. The older woman also seemed to charge about the restaurant as if she had hundreds of people to serve, as well as clattering down cutlery and dishes and generally behaving as if we weren't there. She probably isn't even aware she comes across like this but I've been a waitress and I thought her interpersonal skills were non existent. I've felt more warmth at Travelodge! Time for the owner to do some staff training I think.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were lucky enough to get a nigh here through groupon, but having checked the standard rates I'd still say the same.

The staff were all very friendly, and heard no noise from adjoining rooms, Bruce our dog was also welcomed and he enjoyed his stay too.

The menu was a little limited, but decent portion sizes, well cooked and extremely tasty.

No complaints on the breakfast with cereal and a full English/Scottish breakfast.

Would I stay again, definately!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lawrance2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, so glad Bruce enjoyed his stay too!
It is always nice to receive positive feedback, we do work hard to provide a friendly service and appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.
Girvan, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Stay here for a week while working in the area. The rooms are very basic and weren't hoovered the whole time I stayed there. Food was very good but service was very average. Sat for 45 mins one night waiting to be served. Would use again but won't be my first choice in the area.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Garfield House Hotel
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Best Western Park Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Strathclyde

Been to Castlecary House Hotel? Share your experiences!