“Superb Value”

Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Reviewed November 28, 2012

£19 a night surely cannot produce a decent hotel room, I thought. How wrong! Premier Inn in Cumbernauld is well worth considering if you wish to break a journey through Scotland - my wife and I were travelling to Burghead to visit family.
From the ease of parking through the exceptionally warm and friendly welcome from the very knowledgeable reception staff, to checking out this was a first class experience.
The receptionist greeted us like long lost friends, nothing seemed too much trouble. Had we booked a table for dinner, if we needed more tea or coffee, anything you need let me know.
The room was very comfortable, large and clean (unlike another budget brand lodge for travelling down the road!).
The bed was very comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows, no detail appears to have been overlooked. We had a great night's sleep and woke refreshed next morning for the long drive north.
If you need to break your journey in the Glasgow area you could do no better that spend the night in this very comfortable hotel and eat in the Dovecote next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela R, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Peter F

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay with us, I am pleased that we were able to provide everything you needed for an enjoyable stay. My team and I look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Lovely friendly staff at this location, always willing to help and give advice. Not the biggest car park but adequate for the number of guests. It has a Beefeater restaurant (The Dovecot) next door, just a short way across the car park. Rooms were, as always, clean and comfortable with a supply of tea, coffee, etc. The bedroom had a 22" flat screen television with Freeview, giving a good selection of the more popular channels. I found the bathroom to be a little tight, I had to close the door to get hold of the towel on the rack at the base of the bath. Otherwise everything was absolutely fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Angela R, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Gagzy

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for the positive comments and review you have posted. The team here certainly strive to be the best at what we do and I am pleased that you found us helpful and ready to give advice.

I am also pleased that you also found your room to be clean and comfortable, Premier Inn has high standards which we provide every day for our guests and when we receive positive comments it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Being sent to Cumbernauld for whatever reason fills me with dread however, In complete counterpoint to the miserable brutalist architecture of Cumbernauld, the Premier Inn there more than made up for my foreboding, not because of the hotel itself as these are reliably boring but for the attitude of the staff - nothing was too much trouble for them. A simple smile is all that it takes along with an understanding that many of their guests will have had a long and trying day. The pub that normally goes hand in hand with the PI was similarly nice and I enjoyed a good meal and breakfast - again the staff could not do enough to help.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Flettie

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that the team here were so welcoming and that you found our helpful nature to your liking. I can only apologise that Cumbernauld itself and Premier Inn do not please you in the same way, however myself and my team would gladly welcome you back in the future if you should find yourself in this area again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We sayed for one night on our way to a wedding in Wick. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming receptionist. The room was immaculately clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. All the staff were very friendly and will will definately use this as a stop off when we next travel up to Wick. Thank you al for a very comfortable night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lesley50

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel, we pride ourselves at Premier Inn on providing a good clean, comfortable stay by people who care. I am very happy that we made your stay with us enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very friendly welcome. Clean, comfortable room, if in need of a little updating. Free wi fi not so good. Helpful staff, I asked for directions to Denny, and was given post code and a print out. Think the staff I met were the friendliest yet, and that takes some doing!

Room Tip: I found that although the inn was close to a major road it was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Marian286

I am pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and our staff were so helpful. We always strive to put our guests needs first, I am glad we succeeded with you on your recent stay. I am sorry that the wifi was not up to your expectations, please let reception know in future if there are any problems and we will try our best to sort it for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review, I always appreciate the time a review puts in to let us know how their stay was and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cumbernauld in the near future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Room was great with tons of space. It was clean and quiet. The staff were more than helpful and extremely friendly and it really made my quick stop in Cumbernauld worth it. Definitely a good place to get a solid sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Angela R, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Steve K

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be clean and quiet. The team here at Premier Inn Glasgow Cumbernauld are very pleased that you found us so friendly and we hope that we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future.

Thank you for your positive review.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked one night at the £29 rate some weeks back, but decided to add a second night 2 days before our trip. The second night cost £52 (i think) The £29 rate is very good value , but the dearer rate is possibly a little high.
However the reception staff werevery good in organising that we did not have to move rooms. I stayed here because it was very close to the event we were attending, its easy to find and parking is fine.
I have stayed a other Premier Inns and this one again did the job for us, comfy room, good wi-fi access and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Angela R, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Yarrum47

Thank you for your review. I know that the Premier Saver Rate is very popular with all our guests and advise everyone to book at least 21 days in advance to get the benefit of this fantastic offer.

I am really pleased that the reception team here were able to make your stay stress free by organising for you to keep your room for the second night stay, we always try to put our guests needs first. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your room, wi fi access and above all else had a great nights sleep.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you for your positive review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Halo Crowwood House Hotel
Travelodge Stirling M80
Travelodge Stirling M80
#3 of 3 in Bannockburn

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow (Cumbernauld) Hotel? Share your experiences!