“Quick Lunch”
Review of Taste

Taste
Ranked #12 of 52 Restaurants in Cumbernauld
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Quick Lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Dropped in for a quick lunch and with prices at a fiver for two courses, excellent freshly cooked veg not the usual frozen stuff, quick and friendly service we were finished in just over half an hour.

Give this place a go, don't think you'll be disappointed although check the dates or contact first as it's only open at certain times.

2 Thank Bill299

Stirling, Scotland
“Always delicious - and great value”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have enjoyed many wonderful meals in The Taste over the years. I love the way they make the best of fresh seasonal ingredients. I don't eat meat and I know there will always be a delicious fish or vegetarian option. The mushroom risotto with fresh pesto I had recently was fantastic - I could really taste the fresh basil and pine nuts. Desserts are always excellent, too - beautiful tarte tatin. And the filter coffee is great.

It's one of Cumbernauld's best kept secrets.

2 Thank kameko
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem in Cumbernauld”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I found this restaurant whilst I was at Cumbernauld College getting my hair done in Fusion. From the moment that I walked in, I was met with smiley and professional students. Taste’s decor is fresh, with funky furniture and has a sense of quirkiness that is fun and intriguing. This fun personality was also reflected in my dishes when all three dishes were presented with a twist – e.g. steak pie was served in a small pot and potatoes carved into mushrooms. My cup of tea at the end of my meal was lipstick stained (not literally – it was a design feature!). It was the intention to detail, the amazing mouth-watering tastes and the friendly service that has ensured that I will be visiting this wee gem time and time again! Not to mention that a three course meal only costs £6!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mary D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great value”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have dined here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. The service at the restaurant is excellent - they are very attentive without being intrusive. The presentation of the food is superb as is the quality and taste.

Great value for money, I will definitely go back again and again!!

2 Thank Angela M
Scotland
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is truly a fabulous find in Cumbernauld town centre for a 4 star lunch at 1 star prices. The ambience of the restaurant would fool you into thinking you we're in the city centre and the attention of the staff and students is balanced just right without being neglectful or invasive. The food is of a standard that many top restaurants would be proud to serve up and portion sizes are just perfect for lunchtime. We even had our Christmas office lunch here and will do so again. You have to remember it a training restaurant and it is the students who are serving and cooking but I cannot praise them enough even if there is the odd minor error! £5 for 2 courses and £6 for 3 courses.........totally worth the visit although it only open Wed and Thurs at moment and getting busier all the time as it becomes more talked about......maybe I should not be posting this after all!!!

• Visited February 2013