The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went for a spa break through spaseekers.com for my niece's hen weekend and wish I could go every weekend!
Excellent value for money, sublime spa treatments, lovely pool, amazing accommodation and the food......! Fabulous bento box lunch, wonderful three course dinner and the choice and amount for breakfast was unbelievable!
Every single member of staff was so helpful - even the taxi that we booked to go back to the train station was a beautiful Mercedes and considerably cheaper than the cab we took out.
I would heartily recommend this hotel and spa and, if it wasn't so far from Leeds, would go back every month!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was very fortunate to be given a break at the Westerwood for my 50th birthday. From the moment we arrived I was treated like Royalty. Our room was very comfortable and had a stocked mini bar and lovely treats. After an afternoon at the pool, we booked in to the Grill for dinner. So many people were very courteous to us during our stay but I particularly remember Shirley Wilson Porter and Rafal Chech (sorry if I have the spelling incorrect) going the extra mile. I would return for the Pea Veloute starter alone- it was tremendous, this was followed by a perfect fillet steak- delicious. For probably the first time- I could not even attempt dessert. I'll have to come back for that pleasure. The spa staff were so helpful even tho I had got my times mixed up and arrived later than expected. I will definitely be back- thanks to all concerned for helping me to have a wonderful birthday treat

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the corridor- very quiet
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked this hotel for a conference, with 55 guests staying the night before, the conference taking place in the Carrick Suite and some guests staying that night. The Westerwood did an absolutely fantastic job. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable, the food was really good (both the a la carte dinners, breakfast and the buffet lunch), and they couldn't have done enough to meet our requirements. The small extra gestures were noticed by everyone (eg. freshly-made drop scones at coffee-break) and the service from staff was professional from start to finish. We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice, but the QPlus rooms have a little extra space and some free extras in t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the second time last night.

I was in Scotland to attend the Glasgow2014 volunteers event in Glasgow, I requested an early check in as event was starting at 3. I arrived at the hotel at 12:45 and was in my room just after 13:00. So a thank you to the reception staff who assisted with this.

The room (350) was massive. I long corridor leading into a bright bedroom with everything you could need (iron/board, tea/coffee etc)

The bathroom was huge also with both a bath and separate shower.

I will me making this hotel my base for all my training events due to the friendly atmosphere and great rooms.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
glasgow, scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with a group of friends in march, it was a nice stay with all the staff very friendly and helpful but there were aspect that lead me to only give this hotel 4 star.
We arrived into our room on the second floor at 3.30 and were greeted in the hallway with a tray with food and all sorts of used dishes, we all got changed and went to the pool for a couple of hours and came up it was still there. Later on in the evening we went for dinner and yes the tray was still there and the next morning when we left yep you guessed it it was there the fact that it had food on it was very disgusting and could have caused unwanted creatures.

This hotel is very lovely and the pool was great it had a jacuzzi steam and sauna and restaurant were great.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

With work being stressful, I decided to book myself in for a massage and what a massage it was. I would like to thank Danielle for the treatment,fantastic pressure and great home care and after care advise, spot on. She even asked me how do I want to feel after the treatment ? To help chose the correct oil for me that's Never happened before. I will be back.
Thank you.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Alieshia8
Paul B, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Alieshia8,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on Tripadvisor, and thank you for a fantastick 5 Star rating.

It's great to read your comments regarding your spa treatment. Our new product range ESPA seems to be doing the trick and we are regularly getting some fab feedback.

It is also great to hear that Danielle is doing so well, we will make sure that she is recognised for her efforts.

Please do keep us in mind for a future spa break, we regularly update our offers via the QHotels website so if you haven't already, please take the time to sign up to our newsletter.

Sincerely

Paul Bray
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a lovely time I have had at the hotel, went with my friend for a spa break, we arrived yesterday and went to the pool and sauna which was very nice, we then checked into our room, it was lovely nice big comfy bed and a great bathroom with bath and shower which was great. We went for our dinner to the grill and it was fantastic our meal was amazing and the staff were so nice Thank You Danielle and Jordan. Today we went for our spa treatments which were great, We will defiantly be coming back with more friends. Thank You Everyone!

Room Tip: We were at the very end of corridor so a bit further to walk but very quiet.
Dear Carol M,

What a great review, thank you for taking time out to leave us your comments.

It is very heartening to read such positive feedback, we take great pride on exceeding our guest expectations and we actively encourage the team to make a difference. It appears that Danielle & Jordan have done just that and we will make sure that they are recognised for this.

Please keep us in mind for any future breaks that you have planned, our newsletter and website will keep you up to date so if you could, please take the time to register with us.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Sincerely

Paul Bray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
Castlecary House Hotel
City Centre
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow
#1 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!