Got a great deal & an upgrade using the best rate guarantee-that in itself was a very easy and quick process.
lot of information to take in at check in but delivered with a great attitude!
Room was a superior king which was miles away from reception but was beautifully laid out with a gorgeous bathroom-separate bath & shower, and an incredibly comfortable (and huge) bed.
We should have got dressing gowns with the room but didn't-not really worth complaining about.
Had room service for dinner. Food was delicious but felt sorry for the poor soul having to carry it all that way!!
No noise from any other rooms and had a lovely sleep until woken at the back of six by a fire alarm (we guessed burnt toast!) staff dealt with it quickly & efficiently and we were back in after 15 mins.
Alarm went off again quickly after we were back in the room but was shut off.
This meant room service breakfast was late-which was understandable, but only received the continental option and not the cooked breakfast we had also ordered. Again- not worth arguing about as partner was in a rush to head off for a long drive and what we did get was lovely and delivered with a smile.
Check out was quick, with again a really pleasant staff member.
When I got to the car, sadly there was an opened condom on the ground beside it.
A fellow guest who was there with a toddler advised that he was going to bring it up with staff so I didn't feel the need, but it did put a bit of a damper on what was otherwise a really pleasant stay.
I genuinely think these issues were just unfortunate one-offs as otherwise the hotel was lovely and spotless, the staff were very pleasant and the decor and facilities were very high quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westerwood Hotel and Golf Resort is a Glasgow hotel not to be missed. The contemporary hotel is ideally located minutes from the M80, only a short drive from Glasgow, in fact, it is just a mere 15 minutes in the car. The Westerwood Hotel and Golf Resort is home to 148 comfortable bedrooms which will guarantee you a great nights sleep. For more relaxation head to the leisure club where you can swim in the pool, relax in the Jacuzzi or for the more energetic, you can work out in their superb leisure club. If you prefer the fresh air, you'll be pleased to hear the hotel has an 18 hole Championship golf course. There are some simply stunning views over the Campsie Hills. It’s self-contained conference centre can hold up to 400 delegates for a conference and up to 300 for a glittering dinner dance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - a q Cumbernauld
- The Westerwood Hotel And Golf Resort - a Qhotel
- Westerwood Hotel Cumbernauld
- Hotel Westerwood
- The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel Cumbernauld, Scotland