“A beautiful hotel”

The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cumbernauld
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel for the rooms the food and the spa and not forgetting the golf very easy to reach great place to hold a wedding the staff were very helpfull I will have no problem going back to this hotel

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed if you choose the hotel it has free Internet very comfortable beds all...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard M, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at The Westerwood Hotel.
It's a pleasure to read your feedback, we are grateful for the 5 out of 5 rating.
I am pleased that you have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.
Q Hotels offer a loyalty club "Breakaway Club" offering discounts and special offer rate, you can join for a one off payment, please contact the reservation team for details.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

had a brilliant night to celebrate my sister's special birthday. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Food delicious.Really enjoyed our spa treatment too. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Richard M, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

It's a pleasure to read your feedback, the team work hard to ensure that all our guests receive warm and friendly service throughout their stay. We design our Spa packages with relaxation and value for money in mind, we are delighted that you enjoyed your break with us.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went on a Friday special break which included dinner. An allowance of £26 per person is given, and the overall package represented fantastic value. If the offer continues we will definitely return! I also believe the same offer is available on a Sunday night.
Everything from reception welcome, to room, to spa to restaurant was fantastic. The choice and quality of breakfast was first class!
Any minor criticism? Pillows slightly too high for us, dinner was lovely, but the wait between courses was a little too long.
Overall: First Class, Well Done!!

Room Tip: We went for a superior room which was quite a walk from reception, it is a large hotel, but the room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

It's a pleasure to read your feedback, the team are always happy to ready feedback such as yours. I am pleased that you found all aspects of the hotel excellent and welcoming.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Greeted by very friendly staff. Easy check in. Absolutely gorgeous room, large and spotless bedroom with a large bathroom wish separate shower cubicle.
We had dinner, bed and breakfast deal. We had dinner in bar grill area, my husband and I both enjoyed our meals very much, portion sizes just right. (Sticky toffee pudding is to die for :))
The breakfast buffet is fab.
Check out was very easy too.
No issues at all, would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Read some reviews and some people appear too happy to please!

• Stayed: September 2012

I am pleased that you have enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Our sticky toffee pudding is one of the most popular dished on the menu!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

First trip to Cumbernauld for a night away with my wife. Nice, new hotel, modern decoration which I liked. The bedroom was a very good size, again modern decor and utilities. The bathroom was very nice - great size shower, decent bath and again a contemporary feel.

My only complaint about the room was the softness of the mattress - but that's always a personal preference.

We ate in the main restaurant which was a decent size. The food was of a good standard, and it was clears serving other diners there was a variety of menus being used.

Service was slightly slow - there seemed to be assumptions about who was attending our table as we had a total of four waiting staff attend us - I think this led to our delay in being served drinks etc.

We didn't use the facilities (spa; golf) although these looked to be of a good standard.

All in all a decent night away with my wife in a contemporary hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

It's a pleasure to read your feedback, the team are always happy to ready feedback such as yours. I am pleased that you found all aspects of the hotel contemporary and spacious.
I am sorry that you did not find the mattress comfortable, and that you found the service slow at dinner, I have passed your comments onto the relevant departmental managers to review.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here for three nights from the 4th to the 7th of July (my husband joined me on the 5th) for my friend's hen and wedding celebrations. I booked a superior double room as there was no difference in the description between that one and the qstar double guestroom. I was disappointed with the room because of how far away it was from the main reception and hotel facilities - it was down a really long corridor and then down another really long corridor! This was annoying considering that I paid extra for a nice room - it really should have been easier to access. There was a fire escape which took you out to the car park easily enough, but you could not get back in that way. I struggled taking all me and my husband's bags to the room and was not offered any assistance at check-in. This was very annoying considering how far away the room was and that I am pregnant - I had to take two trips up and down the long corridors!

The room was nice enough when I got there and looked out onto a nice meadow which seemed private enough, however my husband did not want to open the window just in case (It was on the ground floor).

I met my friends and went to the spa for a few hours before getting ready for dinner. The spa area is lovely - big swimming pool and plenty of sunbeds (a few of which are heated - very relaxing!).

We had a large table booked in the hotel restaurant for my friend's hen celebrations. The service was fine and we all enjoyed our meals. I ordered a chicken dish and some vegetables on the side. Then I had an apple crumble dessert which had a thick crust round it.

The next day we used the spa facilities again. I got a file and polish in the beauty salon. This was a weird experience because you actually lie on the bed with your hands at your side and the beautician goes from one side of the bed to the other applying coats of nail polish to each hand! I was lucky in that my file and polish turned out very neat, and so did the bride-to-be's. However, our friend had her french manicure done by a different beautician and it was a mess! However, we could not convince her to go and ask them to do it again. I smudged two of my nails on the heated sunbeds, and returned to the beauty salon to ask to borrow the polish. The beautician was between appointments so she kindly reapplied the polish for me.

We went for lunch in the hotel bar just next to the spa area. I arrived first and sat looking at the menu and waiting to order a drink. However I was ignored for ages (about fifteen minutes), despite all my efforts to make eye contact. I finally managed to ask someone if they were still serving lunch and it turns out they were!? So I ordered my drink and my friends came and the four of us ordered lunch. It took ages to come - my friends were having the lunch box as part of their package deal. This didn't leave them long to eat it, as one of them had a hair trial to go to. I did enjoyed my lunch though. I had soup and the haggis balls.

Breakfast at the hotel was excellent - plenty to choose from. I opted for porridge on my last morning and put a few spoonfuls of what looked like a bowl of syrup on top of it. A few mouthfuls in and I realised I was eating honey, which is not recommended for pregnant women! So I had to abandon it. I think the hotel should label random bowls of honey so that this mistake isn't made again.

All in all, I liked this hotel and I would stay here again. I liked the decor of the hotel, the food was good and I enjoyed the swimming pool. However, I think the customer service could be improved on reception and in the bar, and I think the more expensive rooms should be closer rather than farther away.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the reception area and hotel facilities.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Richard M, General Manager at The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

It's a pleasure to read your feedback, the team work hard to ensure that all our guests receive warm and friendly service throughout their stay. I will address your feedback with the relevant departmental managers. I am sorry that your friend manicure was not to our usual standard, if she had contacted us we would have been happy to rectify the manicure.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Recently had an overnight spa break here and enjoyed every minute of it. We had the basic spa package but still had an excellent treatment and full use of the facilities, though we were a little disappointed the jacuzzi was not working. Our room was big, clean and with a lovely bath/shower room. It was also quiet even with a large wedding party staying over. Reception,spa, restaurant and bar staff were all very welcoming and accomodating, very knowledgeable and professional. The meals were splendid with plenty of interesting choices especially the evening meal and the lounge area made for a pleasant and cosy end to the day. A great day nice and well worth the cost. A brilliant way to pamper yourself at a very reasonable cost and a great way to spend a weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Favouriteword

We value your custom at the hotel and it is a please to read your review, the team endeavour to meet and exceed all guest expectations throughout their stay. The hotel has a variety of facilities for all to enjoy, our location in the heart of Central Scotland makes the hotel a great base for exploring Scotland's Castles, Gardens and other attractions.

Richard Mayne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumbernauld
Castlecary House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cumbernauld
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#12 of 93 in Glasgow
Dakota Eurocentral
#1 of 9 in Motherwell

Been to The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel? Share your experiences!