“I liked the food, recomended”
Review of Caramelo - CLOSED

Caramelo
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Caramelo Restaurant is a fusion of Caribbean, Japanese, Puerto Rican & Seafood.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last Sunday I went to lunch with my daughter. She suggested Caramelo, besides enjoying the time with my daughter, I enjoyed the food there. It is a good mix of Cuban, Puerto Rican and International food. I heard that the sushi is good but I did not tried. I recommend it!

1  Thank Jorge P

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I just cancelled my reservation to this place. It would be my first and we were a party of 4. Simply put I can not sponsor a restaurant where uncorking price depends on the category of the wine. When I called to make the reservation I asked if they allowed to bring your own wine and if so how much they charge for uncorking. The guy with whom I was talking to told me that the price would be set once they saw the type of wine. WINE IS WINE AND THE UNCORKING PROCESS IS THE SAME REGARDLESS OF WHAT WINE YOU BRING. Sorpricing people with overcharged service is a dishonest practice. I moved to another place and they told me they charge $10.00 regardless of the wine.

3  Thank drivera62
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Caramelo is a very busy lunch spot with a varied menu. You can get anything from sushi to Cuban inspired food, fish, meat or pasta dishes, even risotto. Service is fast and prices are okay for its location. I have always had fish or chicken and never been disappointed. The food is okay, nothing out of this world. If you are looking for a place for a business lunch, this is a good choice.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is owed by the same person of Ropa Vieja. The menus and the food were almost the same. The service was better but the food was not what we've expected...

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

even though It was easter sunday, the place wasn't packed, so it was super ok. the atmosphere and food were cool. But our waitress was a bit annoying. She kept on interrupting the whole time. She even made some weird voices. Awkward!