“Not good.”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It's a small and very cute space. We were the first ones to arrive and the food was out suspiciously quickly. Makes me think they're fond of the microwave. I'm not! The presentation of every single plate was spot on! I'll give them points on that. But the taste, the flavor, it wasn't at all what I expected from a restaurant that's been open for more than 4 years now! I had the cuban dumplings, which were ridiculously underseasoned, and the tuna fillet with yuca gnocchi, which sounds delicious but doesn't really make much sense on a plate, or in your mouth for that matter. I don't recommend this place.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, service, great atmosphere, fair price!!

Highly Recommend the place, it is also well located.

I went with my husband for a late lunch, we had a great time.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Very small restaurant with good tapas, lunch and dinner options! The hummus and potato cream were very tasty, rodaballo and rissotto were delicious, bienmesabe dessert.. mmmmm! Recommended!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my wife on a Sunday to try it out. I had seen the menu on its webpage and the offers were interesting. I chose the Lomo de cerdo en salsa de manzana y cebollas moradas servido con esparragos envueltos en pancetta y majado de batata blanca (pork shoulder in apple sauce and red onions with bacon-wrapped asparagus over mashed white sweet potatoes). My wife had Filete de salmón al vapor servido con olive tapenade sobre una cama de cherry tomatoes y albahacas salteadas al sartén con majado de batata blanca (Steamed salmon filet with olive tapenade over sauteed cherry tomatoes and basil over mashed white sweet potatoes).
Sounds great, doesn't it? Well, it was not. Both my pork and my wife's salmon were overcooked and dry. The asparagus was stringy and the bacon was not crisp. The root mash was the only thing that was OK. Also, the house sangria was nice but at $6 a glass (about 5 to 6 ounces) we found it expensive.
The restaurant does not have a parking lot since it is a small converted house but it does have valet parking (although the day we visited the attendant did not show up for work, so we parked in front of a doctor's office closed for the day).
The restaurant is small but has a nice ambiance. Service was good but after spending $65.27 for a lunch we did not enjoy will prevent us from visiting again.

1  Thank alfgomezjr
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Who would have thought there was such a treasure of a restaurant behind their simple yet welcoming façade! The tapas choices were varied and their menú descriptions mouthwatering;hard to make a choice but the ceviche and yautia fritters is definitely a winner! Ample & innovative main course selections with details on ingredients and preparation so as to plan for your next visit. Few (as compared to entrees and appetizers) but excellent dessert options. And reasonably priced too! What more can you ask for? Ah,of course: excellent and courteous service from the valet parking to the waiters. Definitely will come back soon!

2  Thank Maria del Carme... M