“ziplining in the rain forest”

La Marquesa Original Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Guaynabo
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2013

was a fun and thrilling time, the staff was great, hard to find, but an adventure getting there. highly recommend.

1  Thank Elizabetharrabito

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My 10yr old son and i had never been zip lining before. I chose this because it sounded good for beginners. I have to say we arrived a half hour late due to us getting lost. I called and they were able to guide me in very easily. So bonus points there. I have to agree they could be alittle more organized but hey its the island right? What I do have to disagree with other reviews is I found the zip line workers to be very friendly and helpful. They made my son and myself feel like we were in good hands. I would recommend them for first timers. Thanks for a great time

2  Thank rjohn132
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the intercontinental about 25 minutes away from La Marquesa. Our bus driver (cannot remember his name..) was so much fun and very informative. Carlos? Juan? Jose? I don't know. But, if you are staying at the Intercon hopefully you will have him. When we arrived at the park, about five other buses arrived and tons of screaming kids got off which started the day off on a sour note. I was so nervous I was going to have to listen to them all afternoon, but never saw them again. We took a 10 minute gondola ride up the mountain (great camera shots) and waited for the rest of our group. We then walked about a mile or so DOWN the mountain which was absolutely horrible. I tripped over so many branches and rolled my ankle numerous times trying to keep up with our guide. Thank God I had on closed toed shoes or it would have been worse. We then had to stand in line for a little over an hour and a half for the first line. I was so frustrated by this point thinking it would be like that all day, but I was wrong. Once you get past the first one, the guides at each platform hook you up and send you on your way so quickly you would miss the whole thing if you blinked. It is a little frustrating to arrive at the platform all smiles from the amazing rush just to see the guides staring at you like you're some sort of idiot. They don't greet you, don't ask how it was and definitely don't seem interested in saying hello back. It got to be a joke with my boyfriend and I, because we would be as nice as possible just to try and bother then even more..they literally look like they hate their lives.

Pros: adrenaline.
Cons: the wait time, the guides, the length of the lines, and how fast it goes by.

Take your time going through the course and try to take in every moment you can.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited La Marquesa in December 2012.
The parking is well organized, safe and close to the ticket center.
Entrance fee is around $5 and includes the trolley ride, access to the park at large, a visit to the butterflies & exotic birds field and the cable car.
We were very impressed by the cleanliness and organization of the whole area which encompasses the picnic zone (nice for birthdays or celebrations), the birds zone and the nature / green environment. The cable car ride allows you to enjoy the beautiful flowers atop trees and marvelous views along Isla Verde & San Juan.
Did it once. Will repeat! (Wear comfortable shoes & light clothing!)

5  Thank HeidiSonali
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Run for your life if someone suggests this company. Here is a summary of our experience: chose the night time zip for our family(11 and 13yr old) as a shore excursion from Celebrity. 30 min ride from port, arrive to location to get harnessed by, get this, one of the shuttle drivers and one of employees sons.. Take a train up to top of mountain wait for 20 mins for "guide" to arrive. He then points to the beginning of a trail that we are to walk down in dark with no headlamps alone to meet next guide at platform. How bad can it be? Well let's say I would have left then had I known. Get to platform where there is one girl sending people every 8-10 min and there are 24 in our group alone, and trying to explain to each how to do this. After waiting for 1 hour and 15 min, still no headlamps she says she will try supervisor, who she cannot reach by phone, but we could always zip w/o the lamp? What!? No thanks, another 30 min passes still no lamps my family and 8 others begin to hike back up mountain by light of my cell phone. We meet guides half way and they give us lamps and encourage us to not climb out. We do anyway and through several arguments hitch a ride on another ships shuttle going back to port. Greed - understaffed, no safety instructions, no head lamps, suggesting we zip w/o lamps, shuttle drivers harnessing people- SHAME ON CELEBRITY FOR having this excursion.

3  Thank Geog50