“Woo Hoo! - Great (SAFE) Fun with an Adrenaline Rush”

La Marquesa Original Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Guaynabo
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 27, 2012

You've all seen the recent Geico Commercials with the pig zip-lining, pin-wheels in hand and shouting " Wheeeee!" This WAS exactly that fun! (Note: No chance for pin-wheels - you NEED both your hands to control your speed and alignment.)

I always wanted to try zip lining. This was the PERFECT experience for a first time zip liner. I also saw that experienced zip liners were having fun too! I am nearly 50 yrs old. Age of participants ranged from 10 yrs old to 60+

The day we went was a bit overcast and there was light rain. This actually made for a more comfortable temperature. Once you arrive, BE PREPARED to hike up to the starting point - the hike was not overly difficult, and we paused for a rest along the way, but this could prove challenging to anyone not used to physical activity.

The excursion I did included 8 zips and one rappel. I paid $125 USD - this included transportation to/from the event and bottle of water afterwards.

I suggest you take a camera, but ABSOLUTELY bring a fanny pack (NOT a backpack) - both your hands must be free while zipping, but as you wait your turn there are many photo opportunities. Some suggest applying insect repellant before you go. I didn't have any but had NO problem (again I went in early March).

The staff is absolutely professional and makes it clear that safety is the top priority.

1  Thank Terese B

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went on a family adventure and decided to zipline for the first time. The company was very well-organized with getting groups in and out safely. The men working the ziplines were fun and enthusiastic. The women were duds and not friendly at all. Since it was all of our first time ziplining, we enjoyed it. However, many of the tracks were short.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I went to this awesome place with my boyfriend and friends and we had a blast!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Some in our group were first timers and some weren't. We were a group of 6 and it was a hassle to get to the location. They split us up (even though we protested) between 2 buses promising we would end up together at the course. Did not happen - we were at least 30 minutes behind. The first group had to cause a disruption in order to be able to wait. Not fun and made us look bad. Be prepared for 2 big hikes. If you are in anyway not able to walk up steep hills, avoid. Once we made it to the first platform, there was such a big group that we stood in line 45 minutes before starting. It was absolutely fun but pretty basic. If you are with a group, don't plan on being able to take pictures of each other. You can probably get the person just behind you but that's it. They were all very friendly and gave us water at the end. Biggest issue was the travel there and the wait. Those who have zip lined in other places may find this boring.

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Trip advisor has not listed the FOREST visit...just the Canopy tour... if you don't want to go in the wires... THE FOREST IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO VISIT; 20 MINUTES FROM SAN JUAN!!!!
The canoly tour is a concession in the park for strong, young people; this park is built for the entire family : wonderful facilities and wonderful sights!!!! The vegitation is lush, the flowers are abundant; nature at it's best close to the metro area!!!! wildlife and flora abound.
Please visit as soon as you can, before it's lost!!!

2  Thank mariap1919