This was the friendliest accommodation we stayed at in Australia. They most certainly live up to their promise of “We treat strangers as friends, friends as family and family as gold”. What a wonderful and special Christmas we had here. The Mountain View room we had was adequate(decor a little dated & we could have done with more space for 6 days) 2 double beds with a small shower & toilet room but close to all the amenities of the spa, pool, restaurant, games room, library etc. it had a carport underneath the room if we had had a car. Afternoon & morning tea was a lovely time for everyone to get together & talk about what they had seen on the days walk.The food options were flexible with a choice of cafe, bar food or restaurant that you could mix & match on. We worked out that it wasn't worth paying for the meal options unless you really wanted to pig out three times a day! We did loads of organised walks (be sure not to miss the one by Michael O'reilly) & all the nature activities on offer & had a Carol Concert on Christmas Eve & evening entertainment by staff & guests on Christmas Day Eve. The aboriginal activities were excellent & I can definately recommend the corroboreee & boomerang throwing as well as the evening glow worm walk.The kids & their Dad enjoyed the flying fox & Giant swingThe only bizarre thing was the coach transfer to the resort that we took (arranged by Trailfinders). It had not been mentioned that we were joining a day trip to O’Reillys (normally with a stop over of 2 hours, ours just happened to be 6 days!). The coach left Roma St & went to the Gold Coast where we had to change buses. Then it was up to Tambourine Mountain for 1 hour shopping and a complimentary Devonshire tea. Then we drove to a lookout & eventually 4 hours later arrived at O’Reillys (it had puzzled me when I booked why it took 4 hours in the coach & 2 hours to drive). On the return leg we stopped for 30 minutes at Canungra Vineyard (owned by O’Reilly’s) for complimentary wine tasting, then back to Gold Coast, change coaches & back to Brisbane.
I wasn't at all into birds before I went here but left loving them.I felt very priveledged to have seen Alberts Lyre bird 3 times during my stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Australia/Canungra, Queensland