Desparately needed a break but we had little time. we had wanted to visit O'Reillys for a while and 3 hours drive was manageable. We live overlooking rainforest but the quiet, the views, the bird life close up here was wonderful. The room was very comfortable. If you are looking for modern city type resort/hotel style this is NOT it. These rooms are Australian eco friendly and reflect local resources and building products. Ok some things may be dated but why on earth do people expect perfectly functional items to be replaced
just because they are more than 2 years old?? Price surely isn't defined by the newness of your decor!
There is plenty to do without spending on extras but the extras cover a wide variety of activities. Cost wise to me it's like the Royal Show, you would like to go on everything but budget wise you nneedeed to make choices, same here.
Do as many walks as you are able there are some incredible places to be discovered and flora and fauna to be seen.
Food we found to be very good. Breakfast was in our package and I would recommend this option, dinner no more expensive than a city restaurant, yet given distance of procuring fresh produce I think it is reasonable.
This is a family run place, 3 generations or more and family members are incredibly knowledgeable and more than happy to cook your toast, talk about old times and share tales of Queensland pioneering history
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Australia/Canungra, Queensland