Got stranded at O'Reillys in the Australia Day Long Weekend storms - fallen trees! The staff were fantastic - very helpful, friendly and went out of their way to help and give advice. Huge appreciation to RACHEL the Receptionist who helped everyone and went way beyond the call of duty to give everyone up to date information. We were all charged to stay the extra nights - even though we could not escape - but a nominal $50 a night (if staying in the cheap rooms). The spa is great and good value for money
Here are my top tips for staying there
1. Take waterproof coat and trousers.... there are lots of bugs in the rainforest!
2. The food is VERY VERY expensive. The Mountain View rooms have a kettle, fridge, 2 mugs and 4 glasses. Take your own museli, yoghurt, packet soups etc. Buying food there will cost a small fortune
3. The Mountain Rooms have no internet or TV. But Optus 3G USB internet stick and iphone works perfectly
4. The road is very steep with lots of sharp bends and blind corners. Take the journey slow and at a speed that you are confident travelling at. Don't be intimidated by people in big 4WD's... just pull over when there are opportunities and let them pass. The 36km road up to the top is a good 1 hour and 15 minute drive and a very very beautiful journey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Australia/Canungra, Queensland