We had a garden view room whilst we stayed here. First impressions not good due to the damp smell and the furniture in the room was grubby and dated. There were cobwebs everywhere and the shower was more akin to a prison shower (toiletries nailed to the wall) and the bathroom was small. The room didn't have any aircon and didn't seem to get cleaned thoroughly whilst we were there.
The restaturant at the hotel was, quite frankly, shocking. Everything there (for the evning meals at least) was microwaved. We where sat near the kitchen and you could actually here the microwave ping. Our desserts came out stone cold and we had to send them back for them to (presumably) be zapped at full power in the microwave. Breakfast was even better, on the first morning there it was raining so rather than have breakfast inside, which is perhaps traditional, we had breakfast outside. I have travelled to many places and have never been forced to eat outside in the rain.
We were also told there was afternoon tea. This is a lie. Whilst it is possible to get tea and coffee the cakes that accompany the drinks are disgusting.
Overall, I think you might be better sleeping in the rainforest than staying here. It's expensive, dated and not worth the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Australia/Canungra, Queensland