We have had quite a few stays at the villas on multiple occassions. Each time very similar experience. Very isolated at the villas and you feel like you are the ostracised distant cousins of the retreat guests. Nothing is included. No food or activities so be prepared to pay through the nose.
The restaurant is poor when you have to pay top dollar. Okay if half the price. All food was cold and when asked to heat it up still cold. Wine isn't great either and not much choice.
The layout of the furntire isn't great so we rearranged the furniture. We doa lot of relaxing up there and the sofas are not ideal for relaxing. Also there is no free to air TV channels (ABC only) only AUSTAR which isn't great. Would prefer a cable or wireless to the guesthouse so we can get free to air.
But considering there is very little choice in accomodation options for the bushwalking in the Lamington National Park you have to put up with things less than ideal. Bushwalking is in the National Park so nothing to do with O'Reillys.
The treetop walk is controlled by O'Reillys and is packed out on weekends so try and avoid those times if you want to see wildlife. No wildlife around when lots of people around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park from the best and only vantage point on Green Mountain - at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat - operated by passionate by third generation O’Reilly family members whose ancestors pioneered eco tourism in Australia in 1926. Choose to stay in a cosy Rainforest Retreat guest room with expansive views overlooking the western McPherson Range or one of 48 self-contained and architecturally designed modern Villas perched unobtrusively onto the sloping hillside. Get amongst the daily activities of guided bird walks, animal shows and the famed Tree Top Walk and treehouse climb to viewing platforms above. Plus, test your skills on an off road two-wheeled Segway tour through creek crossings to Morans Falls, or bliss out in the Lost World Day Spa. Dine in the casual treehouse bar on homemade pizzas or opt for the rustic dining room with a gourmet a la carte menu including matching wines from the Canungra Valley Vineyards down the road. Order a packed lunch or picnic hamper and set off to one of 500 waterfalls via 160 kilometres of nature trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Reilly`s Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Hotel Canungra
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas And Lost World Spa Australia/Canungra, Queensland