Tripadvisor
Myoko
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews off piste skiing japanese restaurant ski school blue runs intermediate skiers standard room green slopes restaurant staff rock climbing main reasons crackers all day dining restaurant luxury escapes lack of english speaking staff fresh bakery onsen facility indoor pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came here last year and was greeted by so much snow it was hard to walk around so we came back! Despite substantially less snow this season we stayed at the resort for 10 days. We love it here mainly because the rooms are spacious and luxurious and clean and the convenience of ski in and ski out can’t be beat! Myoko Sports which runs the ski school at Lotte Arai is wonderful we can’t speak highly enough for the quality of the teaching and the attentiveness you’re the kids was wonderful. The staff tried really hard to be helpful and attentive and Kenneth helped us a great deal with our accomodation needs and suggestions. The lift passes are reasonably priced and ski rental being on site was great. The onsen which has indoor and outdoor soaking tubs is fantastic and the best way to end the day and soothe sore muscles.

Although a lot of people have complained about the food for us it was fine considering we ended up eating a full breakfast and then having a light lunch. Most days the kids were happy to eat an early dinner at the canteen and we loved the Korean and the steak restaurant. The Japanese buffet for dinner is excellent and the lunch sets are very good. Our only suggestion would be it would be nice to add maybe 2 more quick eats/easy option, maybe a casual sushi bar and or a quick and easy ramen joint would be perfect. We didn’t make trips down to town this year because 20-30 minutes each way to town was just a bit too far for the little kids to deal with after a day of skiing.

Trip type: Traveled with family
LOTTE-T_Nakatani, 支配人 at Lotte Arai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Lotte Arai Resort.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your beauty at this resort.
Compliments are shared with staff.
Also, thank you for praising the front desk staff.

But I regret that there were some things that could not satisfy you.
Meals will be discussed with the person in charge.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

See the growth of the resort on your next visit.
I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Great location, great activities, awesome facilities, excellent range of restaurants and the best of all is the exceptional customer service- we really enjoyed our time here & would highly recommend this resort as a lux base for skiing.
In particular we highly commend Sana & the team at the Lounge Bar who continuously went above & beyond for all of our needs and was very professional yet very warm & friendly- World class stay!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LOTTE-T_Nakatani, 支配人 at Lotte Arai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Thank you for coming to Lotte Arai Resort.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for your comp beauty to this resort.
Compliments are shared with staff.

Not satisfied with this, the staff will continue to study.
We look forward to coming again.

T.Nakatani

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

For the price per night, I expected MUCH better rooms and service. (Usual winter spot for us in Niseko...)

The staff is helpful but you can tell they were not full service yet. We did not have anyone help with luggage to our room, lacked anyone outside to greet the group etc.

We also did not get snow - disappointing but not their fault.

However, being stuck inside the resort, the experience is still lacking.

Pro:
- play area for kids
- onsen on site
- great walking area
- gondola is walking distance

Con:
- Not much around the resort, closest and affordable things to do will be 20 mins away by car
- expensive food options on the grounds (buffets for breakfast were highly over priced)
- rooms that we got looked more like a nice holiday inn in Asia
- gondola is not all day
- shuttles are not running all the time

Korean resto on site was very good. As was pasta from the steak place. But I doubt I would dine there with a group each night.

Would not return.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
LOTTE-T_Nakatani, 支配人 at Lotte Arai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Thank you for coming to Lotte Arai Resort and providing your valuable feedback.

However, we apologize for the inconvenience this time.
I regret not being able to satisfy you.
We will discuss and share with hotel staff such as hotel services, meal prices, and shuttle bus improvements.

I would like to invite you back to Lotte Arai Resort for the opportunity to make up for a visit you are not enjoying.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to fix the problem.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Lotte Arai is a beautiful resort. Rooms were extremely well presented and very clean. We were lucky to get 4 very nice days for skiing. Unfortunately the weather warmed up and started raining. So we had a day off and did some sight seeing in the local area. an added bonus is the 25mtr indoor pool and extensive onsen facility. Great place to chill and relax. Lots of lounges and sitting areas to relax and read or do some work. Friendly hospitable staff were always very helpful. Pity the weather isn’t in their favour this year. I think this will develop into a really top resort in time. I saw some negative reviews and I think they were incredibly hash as this is a very good resort. Just needs more snow this year but thats out of their control.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LOTTE-T_Nakatani, 支配人 at Lotte Arai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear John Claire,

Thank you for using Lotte Arai Resort.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I am very grateful for your compliment on this resort.
The compliments will be shared with the staff.

However, it is unfortunate that there is not much snow this year and we cannot enjoy the slopes enough.
Please come again during the winter.

See the growth of the resort on your next visit.
I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

The gondola closed at 3 am. Ski lift closed at 4pm. Even snow all day. I’m staying at Lotte Arai from January 2nd. The snow condition is already good enough especially on the top. I don’t get it why the hotel decided to closed the lift and the gondola too early. Don’t come here if you want to ski or snowboarding. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with family
LOTTE-T_Nakatani, 支配人 at Lotte Arai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Thank you for coming to Lotte Arai Resort and providing your valuable opinions.
And thank you for your praise about our staff.

However, we apologize for the inconvenience this time.
I regret not being able to satisfy you.
We will share your opinions regarding the operating hours of the lift with the person in charge.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to fix what is wrong.

Sincerely