See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I had to stay here again for business and after my first terrible experiences, I thought not to visit again but I had to again. The hotel when visited was very good and I have stayed here three more times. The lady in charge of my room made all the differences and for every visit after the first experience, I have the same super lady handle all my ryokan requests including food services. Not sure if I can mention her name but at ryokan's, it is the hospitable expereines by individual staff and not the name of the hotel. Thank you Ms. M. I.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank EddyM3
Reviewed June 16, 2017

This was a really delightful cultural experience set in an untouristed (in Febuary) scenic lakeside town, with charming shops, a castle. We were able to walk from the train station to this hotel in about 15 mins. Just a note don't expect most people there to speak English, as is the case in the rest of the country. The hotel staff were so hospitable, especially the royal breakfast spread they offer, they adapted it for my vegetarian request. The room contains futons and robes for the hot springs where are on the ground floor or roof. We enjoyed the rooftop which has all the amenities. While it is not especially luxurious it felt very true to the culture. You can easily walk from the hotel to all of the sites and restaurants, although in Feb. they were limited.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has to be the most over rated hotel in Suwa. A local suggest to stay here since it was said to be the best. I went with a local person from Suwa and this person was apologetic that it was terrible. The room had holes in the doors and food, services were just average. Suggest Nunohan.

Date of stay: March 2014
3  Thank EddyM3
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is very run down. The rooms are a rabbit warren to find. We stayed in a traditional Japanese room which was non smoking with ashtrays and suspicious smells.

Really needs a make over to bring it up to a better standards

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is in a good position quite close to Lake Suwa. We stayed in a Japanese style room which was very spacious and well appointed. Overall however this hotel is in need of renovation - it is looking a little tired. The staff were typically Japanese and extremely helpful and courteous.

Date of stay: April 2013