“Perfect location to stop by on your way to or from Isle of Skye”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardelve
Caberfeidh Guest House
Ranked #4 of 4 Ardelve B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the second time that we stayed at The Caberfeidh Guest House. The guest house is very clean and the breakfast offers you a lot of variety. Breakfast was served between 8am and 8.45am. As we were on holidays I would have preferred a later breakfast. From our room we had a nice view on Eilan Donan Castle. Our host Paul was very friendly and helpful. The guest house is only a few minutes walk from Dornie and the Castle away. We had dinner in Dornie hotel that night which was lovely. From the bridge you have to cross on your way to Dornie you have a fantastic view on the castle. The next time we will pass Dornie we definetely stay overnight in the Caberfeidh again.

Room Tip: We had room number one with a great view on the castle.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A really good B&B with the best host ever. The location was ideal to visit Skye and Eilean Donan Castle. We had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend their B&B for anyone wishing to stay in this part of Scotland. We'll be staying there again and loved the full Scottish breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paola M
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Booking was relatively straightforward although the landlady could hardly be described as overly friendly.

Check in was kind of strange given that we had to not only complete the registration cards but also a card for each one of us for our breakfast choice. Not sure what would have happened if we had wanted the cereal rather than the cooked breakfast chosen the night earlier. We had to choose the time we wanted the breakfast.

Waking up to the landlady knocking on the door saying breakfast was ready was kind of strange. We were 3 minutes late to breakfast and the already cooked choices then presented to us by the landlord. The food was acceptable.

We found out at 4 minutes past 10am that checkout was at 10. That was a surprise, so too was having someone bang on our door for the 2nd time shouting at us through the door. I said no problem we would pack.

We didn't pack fast enough as 15 minutes later we had the landlord banging on the door again. I opened it, he could see we were less than a minute away from leaving but he insisted that I come down and settle my bill. I said that I'd rather help my 2 children zip their bags and carry their bags downstairs and then I'd be down. He stormed off and waited downstairs with a pretty furious look on his face.

We paid our bill but not before being reminded one more time off checkout. I explained that I didn't see a time anywhere. He needed to have the last word so I let him and we just left.

To be fair and balanced I did see a lot of positive comments in their guest book so as owners they must be fine for some people.

In closing, I would never recommend this guest house to a friend that was used to the standard of service found in any reasonable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
10  Thank Steve B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stopped here for a night as part of a round Scotland motorcycle tour. My room was warm clean and well equipped with a fine view of the mountains and Eilean Donan castle. We walked over the bridge to Dornie in the evening for a splendid meal and nice pint in Dornie (about half a mile walk). The view of the castle from the bridge by the way is excellent and makes the best photos! Our breakfast was generous and tasty. Finally I accidentally left my glasses behind and the owner kindly posted them home for me. Great service! What more can I say - Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KismetWarrington
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this guest house and it was an enjoyable experience. Our room was bright with a lovely view, the bed was comfortable and our host was very friendly and helpful. The area is beautiful and the mountain road (impassable in snowy weather) which leads to Applecross in the west is spectacular but not for those who do not like driving on narrow, twisty, high roads. We are grateful to our host for recommending this drive. We would certainly stay there again and recommend this B&B to friends.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lulabelle68
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a lovely B & B a 10 minute walk from the Eileen Donan Castle. The twin room we shared was spacious, clean and with lovely views (true everywhere around here). The people were welcoming and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. In our 8 day cycling trip this was the only place that asked for credit cArd details in advance, correctly warning me of their cancellation policy, but this meant the bill was processed efficiently while we were having breakfast. Being picky the shower was warm, but lacked some pressure. Overall a fine B & B and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Whilst Paul was friendly enough we were very disappointed with our room - very old and tired looking with mustard coloured bedspread. I don't think the furnishings have been updated for a very long time. Could hear the people in the room across the hallway coughing through the night ! Over breakfast the owner was apologising for a TV that didnt work and he was the next morning also, would not recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caberfeidh Guest House? Share your experiences!