My boyfriend and I had a really nice two night stay here. The rooms were lovely, if a little lacking in character. Spotlessly clean with top quality furnishings and bathroom fixtures, the best tea and coffee facilities I have ever had, even when compared with five star hotels and lovely Arran Aromatics toiletries.The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in away from home. The breakfast was amazing and served by very friendly and helpful staff. The welcome on arrival was not the best as we were asked were we in the right place and were we sure we had a booking by the rather vague and eccentric chap who was 'manning the desk', and the television was not working. The bed and breakfast is very very nice, but apart from at breakfast, it is a little impersonal. Certainly a lovely place though and well worth staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront contemporary boutique B&B Guesthouse on the shores of Loch Alsh with great views to Skye. Great base for touring the Isle of Skye, and the Lochalsh peninsula. All rooms high quality, en suite, and with own private entrance. Near Plockton and Eilean Donan Castle also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Balmacara Mains Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Hotel Balmacara
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Lochalsh