Our rooms were cozy on the wild night of 31 October when we arrived at Balmacara Mains at the end of a very long journey from Glasgow. Our neighbouring rooms – one double and one twin – were contemporary, verging on the luxurious, and among the best we've ever stayed in, the benchmark certainly set very high. The morning gave us breathtaking views over Loch Alsh and the soaring peaks across the water. Breakfast was second only to the Glandwr Tresaith breakfast in west Wales – delicious fruit salad, an excellent selection of cereals, and the tastiest full Scottish ever – prepared to the highest standard by (rather unexpectedly) Norman our host. You should find any excuse to make sure you stay here; it's fabulous – and the free wifi works ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront contemporary boutique B&B Guesthouse on the shores of Loch Alsh with great views to Skye. Great base for touring the Isle of Skye, and the Lochalsh peninsula. All rooms high quality, en suite, and with own private entrance. Near Plockton and Eilean Donan Castle also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Balmacara Mains Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Hotel Balmacara
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Lochalsh