My sister and I had a ground floor room with a porch, and it was lovely. It's the triple room, because the sofa on the porch can be made into a bed. The view was wonderful, but the people working there made it even better. I wish I'd kept a journal so that I could remember names, but every single person made our lives better during our trip. We thought we'd locked our keys in our car (we later found them), and the girl who was interning couldn't have been more helpful. Someone did my laundry, as well. Amazing staff. Great breakfast. What's not to love? This was really close (5 minutes) to Kyle of Lochalsh where we picked up Skye Tours for a great tour of Skye. It's also really close to the beautiful Eilean Donan Castle. I regret we didn't take advantage of the National Trust hiking, but there's only so much time. This is a great place in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront contemporary boutique B&B Guesthouse on the shores of Loch Alsh with great views to Skye. Great base for touring the Isle of Skye, and the Lochalsh peninsula. All rooms high quality, en suite, and with own private entrance. Near Plockton and Eilean Donan Castle also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Balmacara Mains Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Hotel Balmacara
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Lochalsh