The guest house is right on the loch, making for a very beautiful view out of our room. Breakfast was to die for, the smoked salmon especially. Room v.clean. Free wifi came in very handy as there was no mobile signal.
Staff were really welcoming and couldn't do enough for us.
In the evenings we went into Kyle and Dornie - Clachan Arms in Dornie is a real traditional pub with lovely meals. At Spice Tandoori in Kyle I had one of the best curries I have ever had. Both are a short drive away. Local taxi firm is good but quite expensive, although we didn't mind as we were on holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront contemporary boutique B&B Guesthouse on the shores of Loch Alsh with great views to Skye. Great base for touring the Isle of Skye, and the Lochalsh peninsula. All rooms high quality, en suite, and with own private entrance. Near Plockton and Eilean Donan Castle also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Balmacara Mains Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Hotel Balmacara
- Balmacara Mains Guesthouse Lochalsh