“Queenie & Ed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dornie
Sonas Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Dornie B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed five days with the Gills and enjoyed every minute. Angie and Johnston are great hosts and went out of their way to cater to my allergies which made our stay that much better. The breakfasts were excellent, a true Scottish fry up. The location was perfect for walking to Eilean Donan castle, to the village of Dornie or to catch a bus. The ensuite room was very comfortable. Would highly recommend Sonas for one night or more and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sonas Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Adrienne Edinburgh

Stayed at Sonas for one night and wished I could have stayed longer. Room was excellent and hospitality also. Breakfast was one of the best I have had on my travels. Angela made me a lovely packed lunch for my trip to Sandaig. Angela and Johnston are lovely lovely people. Will certainly stay there again and highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

It's just a walk down the road to the wonderful Eilean Donan Castle. The breakfast was great. We visited the Isle of Skye from here.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Erik Z
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Gills were excellent and kind hosts. The food was wonderful and our en suite double room was good. They really made us feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed September 24, 2011

From the view over to the Cuillins at Skye, to the proximity of the bus stop (200 metres away opposite the castle - although that didn't stop me accepting a lift down to the stop from the host, such is the level of care and hospitality at Sonas) to the warm,friendly welcome and the magnificent breakfast - this B&B is the finest I know anywhere. (though if it becomes any more popular I shall have trouble getting in for my annual trip to Dornie, although all the stops will be pulled out to suggest other places in the village if you can't get in - such is the hospitality and welcome you can expect here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank tucholsky
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I previously reviewed this establishment and decided to make a return visit and if anything it was even better than the last time.The garden is now fully developed and was in full glorious colour. The hostess, Angela, provided us with tea and home baking in the garden which was very much unexpected but greatly appreciated. I still think that for the quality of service that you receive that Angela does not charge enough. On the morning of her departure we had to leave early and we were served a full breakfast at 6.30am. We stayed for 4 days and wished we could have stayed longer. I thoroughly recomment this establishment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank moralda
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We biked through Scotland and arrived in Dornie quite by chance. It was the best moment of our trip. Sonas B&B was just perfect, breakfast great and we felt at home. Dornie is such a lovely place with a great pub. especially on a sunny day. Food was great.
We shall return and stay longer.

Room Tip: Didn't see the other rooms but Dornie is a quiet place so I think any room will do. Clean and co...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GAB067
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dornie
Balmacara Hotel
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
Lochalsh Hotel
Lochalsh Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kyle of Lochalsh

Been to Sonas Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!