“Warm welcome with great pub grub”
Review of The Clachan

The Clachan
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Dornie
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Perthshire
“Warm welcome with great pub grub”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited Dornie on business today and went into the Clachan pub looking for something to eat.
I got a nice surprise to find a traditional looking pub inside and a friendly member of bar staff to welcome me.
The "Clachan" burger I ordered came with chips and salad.
It was very tasty and good value for money.
Will call again in passing.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went to the Clachan based on other trip advisor reports and recommendation from our B&B and wasn't disappointed. On the recommendation of other reviewers tried the Moroccan Lamb, absolutely superb! Only slight criticism, it could have been a bit hotter. The scallops looked fantastic. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
“Nice food, good menu, nice staff”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

While we're on holiday in Avernish we decided to try this place based on Tripadvisor reviews and were glad we did. I had Moroccan chicken, hubby had Schezuan Pork, daughter had cheeseburger. Food was good and the service was excellent. We'll be making a return visit before we go home :o)

“Great local Pub!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My first time in Dornie and great to find such a welcoming and friendly place. A good selection of ales and wines to compliment the sumptuous choice of menu, for me the chicken highlander was my favourite. Timing of a good week of weather made it possible to relax in the evening sun and take in the views from the outside decking. Steve s

Westfield, New Jersey
“Release the Clachen!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I along with another couple were in the midst of a 10-day trip through Scotland when we ate dinner at The Clachen...on of the best meals and nicest nights on the trip. The dining area and bar are pleasant and lively. The selection of beers was very good and the food..the food! I had a spicy lamb with cinnamon and vegetables that was a flavorful surprise. Others had seafood that was fresh and flavorful. Our servers were very friendly and nice and we had an outstanding time and meal. Good value too. Hearty recommendation unless you are looking for a quiet meal - this place is fun and lively and the food was very good.

• Visited June 2013